[Kodi 17 Krypton] Single Artist with ":" character being incorrectly displayed
This issue doesn't occurs on Kodi 16.
The particular album artist is 2:54. My guess is that Kodi 17 now thinks that ":" on album artist field means 2 separated artists.

This issue is easy to reproduce, just add ":" in album artist field and Kodi will disply as two.
I tried to disable "Show song and album artists" to no avail. I've been experienced it since very early releases of Kodi 17, could it be fixed or is there a workaround other than modify the band' name?
Moving this across to the Music section where there's a better chance you'll get an answer.
(2017-03-01, 19:42)onewaytrigger Wrote: This issue doesn't occurs on Kodi 16.

This issue is easy to reproduce, just add ":" in album artist field and Kodi will disply as two.
I tried to disable "Show song and album artists" to no avail. I've been experienced it since very early releases of Kodi 17, could it be fixed or is there a workaround other than modify the band' name?

Create or edit advancedsettings (wiki) xml file per this:

Quote:Well well, an artist name with a colon in it! The default multiple artist name separators added in 17 include ":", but it is user configurable.

The default for artist names in addition to " / " is any of ";", ":", "|", " feat. ", " ft. " is taken as a separator. However this can be replaced by entries in advancedsettings.xml like this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
<artistseparators>
<separator> feat. </separator>
<separator> Feat. </separator>
<separator> with </separator>
<separator>;</separator>
<separator> ft. </separator>
<separator> Ft. </separator>
</artistseparators>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Which has " with " as a separator because I know none of my individual artists have that in their name while I have tracks tagged with artist1 with artist2, and no ":". These settings replace the default values entirely.

You might need to remove the files with that artist from your music source folder tree, do an update (to clean that bad entries out), then replace the files and run scan/update again after editing your advancedsettings.

scott s.
(2017-03-01, 23:03)scott967 Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 19:42)onewaytrigger Wrote: This issue doesn't occurs on Kodi 16.

Create or edit advancedsettings (wiki) xml file per this:

Quote:Well well, an artist name with a colon in it! The default multiple artist name separators added in 17 include ":", but it is user configurable.

The default for artist names in addition to " / " is any of ";", ":", "|", " feat. ", " ft. " is taken as a separator. However this can be replaced by entries in advancedsettings.xml like this

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
<artistseparators>
<separator> feat. </separator>
<separator> Feat. </separator>
<separator> with </separator>
<separator>;</separator>
<separator> ft. </separator>
<separator> Ft. </separator>
</artistseparators>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Which has " with " as a separator because I know none of my individual artists have that in their name while I have tracks tagged with artist1 with artist2, and no ":". These settings replace the default values entirely.

You might need to remove the files with that artist from your music source folder tree, do an update (to clean that bad entries out, then replace the files and run scan/update again after editing your advancedsettings.

scott s.

Thanks! I'll have a look on that
Oh boy, colon in an artist name, I so hate punctuation in names. But yes the above advice from Scott will deal with it. It justifies why I made it user coinfigurable - some will have ":" as a separator while others will have artists with ":" in the name.

Otherwise if it was tagged with Musicbrainz id tags Kodi would handle it too.
I was caught by this too, wondering why "Welle: Erdball" no longer showed up in the music library - instead I had 2 entries "Welle" and "Erdball" with was rather unexpected. IMHO the default setting for artistseparator is too agressive.

Code:
$ mid3v2 -l 04\ Starfighter\ F-104G.mp3
IDv2 tag info for 04 Starfighter F-104G.mp3:
TALB=Die Wunderwelt der Technik
TCON=Electronic
TDRC=2002
TIT2=Starfighter F-104G
TPE1=Welle: Erdball
TRCK=4

BTW: It would be nice if this feature could be documented, artistseparator isn't listed in http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml and it took me quite a while to figure it out what was happening here.

so long,

Hias
PR raised to remove ":" and "|" as default artist separators. See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11873

Of course users can still configure then as separators if they need to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 17 Krypton] Single Artist with ":" character being incorrectly displayed0