This year's mentors will be determined based upon the projects chosen. Nathan Betzen (natethomas) is our GSoC admin and Martijn and Kib are our backup admins.
You can see some past GSoC ideas and proposals at: Category:Google Summer of Code
If you decide to submit a proposal, you MUST submit it in this forum first, so that the community and potential mentors can learn about it, ask questions, discuss narrowing or broadening the proposal, etc. You must also submit it using the proposal outline format from our Ideas page.
Additionally, we'd like to know a bit about you, so when you submit, we'd like to know the answers to these questions as well.
- Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
- When did you first start programming?
- Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it?
- What do you primarily use Kodi for?
- Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
- If you have not contributed to open source projects, do you have other code we can look at?
- What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
- How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
- Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
Links of interest:
• Google Summer of Code homepage
• Google Summer of Code - Wikipedia article on GSoC
• Google Summer of Code 2017 Ideas - our project ideas page