Omnimod - basic tweaks
This is a personal mod of omni originally created to add back the skin.helper.service dependency for ratings, as well as the tv episodes view from mimic.

Changes:
- Added skin.helper.service dependency and rating bits back.
- Added tv episode view from mimic
- BigLandscape view (3x3) with clearlogo/fanart fallback
- Added new color options for tweaked background tint: estuarish and mimic
- Added new overlay background with estuary style diffused background (taken and modified from estuary). The old omni overlay may be picked as "omni" in skin settings.
- s/omni/omnimod so it doesn't conflict.
- Added clearart to seekbar for movies and tv.

Images (otherwise same as omni):
watch gallery

I'll occasionally merge in upstream as best as I can, but I'm still treating this as a personal mod -- in other words stuff like missing strings probably won't be fixed.

Download
Source
Looks good, do you find that the Estuary background overlay has a smooth gradient? I always seem to see a lot of banding, but maybe it's just my TV.
(2017-03-02, 03:52)braz Wrote: Looks good, do you find that the Estuary background overlay has a smooth gradient? I always seem to see a lot of banding, but maybe it's just my TV.
I do get a bit of banding, but I've found that some colors make it more noticeable. For the most part, I'm okay with the banding I see.
I just bumped version and added three screenshots for a new tweak: showing clearart above the seekbar for movies and tv.
Bumped version and added a new view: BigLandscape. This is a compact 3x3 wall view with image fallback.
Bumped version, merged in upstream, and decreased banding and removed color from the default estuary style background overlay.

Edit: I also find the overlay looks great on mimic. To use it, grab the "background.png" from the media folder, and set it as the background overlay in mimic skin settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Omnimod - basic tweaks1