remove addon categories from addon main menu
version 17 is wonderful. learning curve is sharper than i would have hoped, but worth it. fire stick is the platform. i've got it down to ALMOST where i want it. on the left of the main menu, i have only two subcategories left, addons and weather. perfect. BUT! i would also like to hide all the addon subcategories except for only the video addons. is there a way to hide the program addons and the like? i like it as basic as possible, obviously. hopefully easily put, how can i hide or show any addon category under the addon main menu? thank you to anyone with help. it is much appreciated. Angel

-kyle.
version 17 is wonderful. learning curve is sharper than i would have hoped, but worth it. fire stick is the platform. i've got it down to ALMOST where i want it. on the left of the main menu, i have only two subcategories left, addons and weather. perfect. BUT! i would also like to hide all the addon subcategories except for only the video addons. is there a way to hide the program addons and the like? i like it as basic as possible, obviously. hopefully easily put, how can i hide or show any addon category under the addon main menu? thank you to anyone with help. it is much appreciated. Angel

-kyle.

Regarding your comments about removing the add-on "categories", I completely disagree with you. The add-on works great.
Probably your problem is regarding the skin or wizard you are using. There are skins-wizards that allow you to modify or delete or add any section or menu category you want. The same thing is valid also also for any choice of submenu ,any add-on shortcut and widget. You are completely free to choose anything you like and hide anything you like.
The add-on "categories" has other virtues. E.g. you can categorize your video add-ons within the video add-ons , your music add-ons within the music add-ons and the same thing regarding your pictures.
It was great for me.

But I have one problem, which I posted under Music add-ons but with no interest of any one to answer to.
I am copying + pasting this post, trying to make it clear that it concerns the portion of the "categories add-on" which refers to the Music add-ons.
As far as Video add-ons & Picture add-ons it works OK

Here is my previous post :

"I am using Kodi 17.1.
I recently enabled the add-on : "Categories", and was set up correctly.
No problem in using it with my video-add-ons.
I have a problem with the Music add-ons.
From my-add-ons, I click on Music-add-ons.
Everything shows OK. i open the Categories & click on "Audio Categories" and strangely the screen that comes up it has :

Files
Playlists
Video add-ons

Very strange and consequentely I cannot " categorize " my music add-ons."

Your comments or help will be appreciated.

THIS POST IS MAINLY ADDRESSED TO AddonScriptorDE , CREATOR OF THIS ADD-ON
i understand it's a skin issue. i'll look into 'categories'. thank you.
(2017-04-23, 19:11)mistakeitasl0ve Wrote: i understand it's a skin issue. i'll look into 'categories'. thank you.

Have a look at this link
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=i-CMdYD9Z-M

it is by MBMan TV Tech and it is about his wizard Xonic Build and Xconfluence skin.

I believe it will help you a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove addon categories from addon main menu0