Ubiquiti Conflict
Greetings Forum,
I am new here and not sure if this question belongs here or in a different category. I purchased the new Alexa Firestick. It keeps freezing up and is pretty much useless. I have a 150MB internet connection going through an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X Advanced Gigabit Ethernet Routers ER-X 256MB Storage 5 Gigabit RJ45 ports and that goes to my Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR Networks Enterprise Wi-Fi System (Access Point). I also had my IT guy install a NETGEAR ProSAFE GS105Ev2 5-Port Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switch (GS105Ev2) for extra security and to have my stuff in the house on the 5GB side and the guests connect to the 2.4GB side. The stick is not even 20 feet away from this set up and only 1 wall in the way. When I go into the settings on the stick I can't see/find my 5GB site and have it connected to the 2.4GB side. I can't understand why it keeps freezing up and buffering. My radios are both set to AUTO and support AC, N, BG and 11N. I turned off Band Steering. All that said, when I took my stick to my friends house we can get on his 5GB network and the stick works flawlessly. He uses a 150MB connection and goes through a Linksys Router. I do not know the model but knowing my friend if is a good one (not anywhere near an entry level unit). I called my IT guy and my 5GB network works as my cells and tablets are connected to it and have no issues. we could not figure out why this is happening so I am ready to restore the factory settings in the stick and see if it works on my TV. Before I did that, I signed up here and thought there has to be someone else out here that has this issue and uses Ubiquiti's EQ. Any info or suggestions is greatly appreciated-
Thanks,
Banger
Firstly, this is a Kodi support forum not a generic Android forum, much less a specific Amazon hardware forum.

Secondly, you've posted this in the Windows support forum for some inexplicable reason.

I will move this into off-topic in case anybody may have a solution for you but my advise would be to ask in a specific Amazon or a networking forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubiquiti Conflict0