Large Actor Thumbs
I'm sure this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find anything...

How can I get Ember to download higher res actor thumbs? Recently all the actor images downloaded are never any bigger than 300x300, some are around half this, meaning they look a bit shitty in Kodi. In the past I've definitely had better thumbs, if I look in older movies I've scrapped some thumbs are 720 high, so I'm sure this must be possible.

Have I just missed a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe IMDB has changed something. I've to check that.
Ok, the default size for IMDB actor thumbs is set to "height max SY = 400" and "width max SX = 275".
Now, maybe it's a little bit to small in these days...

I change it to max 1000x1000 (I think that's a good value for most users).

As workaround you can add this line to AdvancedSettings.xml to set the max size for IMDB to your preferred size:
Code:
<Setting Section="scraper.Data.IMDB" Content="None" Name="ActorThumbsSize" DefaultValue="">SY1000_SX1000</Setting>

This works only for the IMDB scraper.
You have to rescrape the actors to get the new URLs, also you have to run Actor Thumbs downloading to get the new images. The easiest way should be to use the Custom Scraper with NFO=>Actors and Actor Thumbs enabled.
Thank you so much as I also posted on this not long ago!!!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2017-03-03, 21:49)DanCooper Wrote: Ok, the default size for IMDB actor thumbs is set to "height max SY = 400" and "width max SX = 275".
Now, maybe it's a little bit to small in these days...

I change it to max 1000x1000 (I think that's a good value for most users).

As workaround you can add this line to AdvancedSettings.xml to set the max size for IMDB to your preferred size:
Code:
<Setting Section="scraper.Data.IMDB" Content="None" Name="ActorThumbsSize" DefaultValue="">SY1000_SX1000</Setting>

This works only for the IMDB scraper.

This works great and all new movies are downloading high res thumbs (I set it to 1080)...

(2017-03-03, 21:49)DanCooper Wrote: You have to rescrape the actors to get the new URLs, also you have to run Actor Thumbs downloading to get the new images. The easiest way should be to use the Custom Scraper with NFO=>Actors and Actor Thumbs enabled.

Could you please elaborate on this? Would this be how I update all the thumbs I have already downloaded at once?

Yes. For Actor Thumbs we use the URL from actor data. So it's important that you rescrape the actor first to get the URL with the higher resolution (it's only needed if you use actors from IMDB scraper, TMDB has only high res images). Then you can use "Actor Thumbs only" to re-download the thumbs. You can do this in one step with the Custom Scraper.
Okay I'm probably just being blind but I can't figure out how to set up a custom scraper, can't see the option anywhere...?!

I've figured out how to just update the actors for every movie but that just changes the .nfo, it doesn't download new images.

Is there just a 'Custom Scraper' button somewhere that I'm missing?

(2017-03-06, 22:36)Eddage Wrote: Okay I'm probably just being blind but I can't figure out how to set up a custom scraper, can't see the option anywhere...?!

I've figured out how to just update the actors for every movie but that just changes the .nfo, it doesn't download new images.

Is there just a 'Custom Scraper' button somewhere that I'm missing?

Fantastic, just got my whole library updated.

Thanks for the help Dan!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Large Actor Thumbs0