Google YouTube TV
What does the community think about Googles YouTube TV and FreeCast aka rabbit tv? It would seem that the streaming market is attempting to provide a subscription streaming service with ligament content. Does this or will it have an effect on Kodi. FreeCast seems to make a direct distinction between illegal addons and them selves.
It means nothing to Kodi.
Streaming ligament content? Kodi isn't a 3D printer so I don't see how that would work. :p

Google's Youtube TV means as much to Kodi as a "new Netflix" does. Not much. Don't expect addon support for YT-TV since, like Netflix, they will prefer users make use of their GUI, not Kodi's.
(2017-03-03, 19:22)Gorbulan Wrote: Streaming ligament content? Kodi isn't a 3D printer so I don't see how that would work. :p

Google's Youtube TV means as much to Kodi as a "new Netflix" does. Not much. Don't expect addon support for YT-TV since, like Netflix, they will prefer users make use of their GUI, not Kodi's.

He must mean this...

HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
The question is where will Kodi fit in with all the streaming sources that are here now, or in development.? What is the future of kodi development as a streaming platform? Why are not the developers more concerned about become obsolete?
Kodi isn't a "streaming platform". It's software.
Oh I am concerned - becoming obsolete would maybe make this project a hobby with fun again ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google YouTube TV0