Set Content Won't Save settings once Advancedsettings.xml is in place.
This is the weirdest thing and I can't figure it out. Since Kodi 15.2 is the last great version of Kodi because it still supports the Neon skin I've stayed on that. However recently I bought a rasperri Pi 3 and put OSMC on there. This version of OSMC is Krypton 17.1 RC1. Since that version of OSMC isn't compatible with the MySQL database that my other Kodi devices are on I am trying to import a new database or scan new files into a new MySQL database with a freshly placed advancedsettings.xml file on there. While I can add file locations, I can't seem to set the content. It just looks like it saves, but when I go back into the set content it's back to none. Not only that but if I try to import a database it just stares at me and does nothing. This isn't rasperri pi specific as my desktop computer also is running Krypton 17.0 and with advancedsettings.xml in place I also can't set content or import anything. It just does nothing. Here is what my advancedsettings.xml looks like:

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.7.2</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.7.2</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>524288000</cachemembuffersize>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>

</advancedsettings>

Here is the Kodi log from my desktop computer:

As my request was ignored, log spam removed

Please help I don't know what to do. I just want to have a few computers on my network running 15.2 and a few running 17.0, both accessing different databases. Thanks.
Please do not paste logs here. Upload them to PasteBin.Com or a similar site and supply their link here instead.

Could you do that and remove the log above, as it bloats the forum database unnecessarily and is difficult to use. Also when you do enable debug logging first - see debug log (wiki) for details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
hi!

any news on that subject?
I've got the very same issue with Krypton on desktop [and also via OpenELEC on RaspberryPi3 - so I guess it's KODI not platform related].
can't save content type, and in addition - when starting, MySQL database is accessed, new db is created [MyVideos107] but old content isn't copied [I'm moving from Jarvis, so my DB should be copied and updated with the first start]. I guess it's connected somehow.

TIA.
I upgraded OpenELEC from 6.0.3 to 8.0.1 and was having similar issues with MySQL. The first client to upgrade to 8.0.1 would see the older database, upgrade it, and immediately afterwards, would seem to be working fine. Then I would reboot the OpenELEC box and when it came back up, my Movies and TV Shows were displayed, but Music was completely blank and logs seemed to indicate it could not find the MyMusic database. (Kept giving 113 "No Route to host" errors.)

Tried doing fresh installs of OpenELEC 8.0.2 and LibreELEC 8.0.1 and had identical results which tend to point to a Kodi bug.

I was also having issues getting Samba shares to work properly. If I created new sources, I'd be able to browse the shares off my Windows-based file server, but then after a reboot, anytime I tried to browse, I'd just get the "Working..." in the corner that would stay there forever, or the system would completely hang.
with openelec upgrade from one major version to another, or two-numbers upper is unfortunately always an issue ;(
I had problems with upgrade from 7.x.x to 8.0.0 too, but even with fresh, clean install of 8.0.2 the problem exists, as well as with desktop KODI-standalone version. so: yes, it has to be KODI issue Sad but what we can do to avoid that problems?
(2017-03-04, 06:20)ozpapa Wrote: I figured this out.  You need to update the version of MySQL that you are using to the latest.  At least that's what worked for me.  

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Content Won't Save settings once Advancedsettings.xml is in place.0