v17 Windowed after wake from sleep
I have a Beebox running Windows 10 connected to a TV and whenever it awakes from sleep, or even just have the screen sleep (and turned off), Kodi gets stuck in a window in the top left of the display.

This requires me to shut down Kodi and start it again, which has to be done with a mouse instead of just the remote, which is very annoying.
HDMI pin 19 trick should be what you are looking for
Moanbag is in da place!
Thanks, but that's a four year old thread and the issue still haven't been fixed in Kodi...?
Nope it hasn't but I don't think it's a Kodi issue. If you use a remote or a keyboard you can map a remote button to send a "\". It works great for me to avoid restarting Kodi.
(2017-03-04, 22:22)eobet Wrote: Thanks, but that's a four year old thread and the issue still haven't been fixed in Kodi...?
It's part of the HDCP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection
Make sure you have kodi set to run full screen, not a "full screen window" but actually full screen (the setting is on the same page in kodi settings). That fixed the issue for me and did not require any registry or hardware modifications.

Both the registry hack and hardware modification will work but they will do so by completely disabling windows ability to recognise when hardware is connected / disconnected. That's not desirable for what is clearly a kodi bug, introduced around Eden.
(2017-03-05, 01:52)PatK Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 22:22)eobet Wrote: Thanks, but that's a four year old thread and the issue still haven't been fixed in Kodi...?
It's part of the HDCP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection

I don't accept this answer, unfortunately.

Kodi can clearly determine when the resolution switches to 800x600 or whatever that HDCP fallback is, and then draw a properly scaled image for that new resolution, so why can't it determine when the resolution has switched back and redraw its image?

Actually, this did not happen on my previous machine, a Gigabyte Brix. It's new for my ASRock Beebox.

Also, the previous poster's tip about using full screen mode was actually worse for me, as that resulted in Kodi outputting a black screen until I restarted it. At least using a full screen window, I've discovered that I can go into the settings and temporarily switch to full screen and back to get it to refresh to the proper screen resolution.

Hope it will be fixed in the future, and not just deflecting blame to hardware when it's clearly a software issue on Kodi's side.
I remember this problem from way back when I got my first Intel NUC. Seemed to me at the time that it's a case of it being really difficult for Kodi to adjust itself when Windows and the display driver do so much discovery and switching when you resume from sleep. The number of variables involved is pretty mind boggling, HDMI initialisation and handshaking is complicated enough even without considering additional factors like how the display responds, how your display driver handles it, other equipment in the chain (AVRs, HDMI switchers.splitters etc).

The solution I settled on was to simply not use sleep at all, it's far more trouble than it's worth. If your Beebox has an SSD, boot up time should be very quick, quick enough for it not to be much bother if you have to let Windows boot, my NUC boots in about 10s. This is the txt file I saved with the steps required to make the sleep button on your remote actually perform a shutdown in case it's useful:

Quote:powercfg -getactivescheme <- This will give you the GUID of the current power scheme

powercfg -q <currentguid> <- From the output of this, look for the subgroupguid for "Power buttons and lid"

powercfg -q <currentguid> <subgroupguid> <- From the output of this, look for the 'Power Setting GUID' for (Sleep button action)

Now you have 3 GUIDs which you can use the run the final command which will make the sleep button perform a shutdown:

powercfg -setacvalueindex <currentguid> <subgroupguid> <PowerSettingGUID> 3

In most cases this translates to:

powercfg -setacvalueindex 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e 4f971e89-eebd-4455-a8de-9e59040e7347 96996bc0-ad50-47ec-923b-6f41874dd9eb 3

Have you tried Launcher4Kodi?
[quote='beeswax' pid='2548045' dateline='1489482970']
I remember this problem from way back when I got my first Intel NUC. Seemed to me at the time that it's a case of it being really difficult for Kodi to adjust itself when Windows and the display driver do so much discovery and switching when you resume from sleep. The number of variables involved is pretty mind boggling, HDMI initialisation and handshaking is complicated enough even without considering additional factors like how the display responds, how your display driver handles it, other equipment in the chain (AVRs, HDMI switchers.splitters etc).

The solution I settled on was to simply not use sleep at all, it's far more trouble than it's worth. If your Beebox has an SSD, boot up time should be very quick, quick enough for it not to be much bother if you have to let Windows boot, my NUC boots in about 10s. This is the txt file I saved with the steps required to make the sleep button on your remote actually perform a shutdown in case it's useful:

[quote]

Have you tried Launcher4Kodi?
[/quote]

I use Launcher4kodi to avoid this problem; I had the problem a lot. Set Launcher4kodi to kill Kodi when the computer sleeps. Set it to launch Kodi when the computer wakes. Works reliably and is quick.

Sent from my SM-G920T
This bug is even worse in v18 betas.

When the TV wakes, Kodi is displayed in a small window (like before) but now you can’t even navigate to the system settings and do the windowed/full screen toggle because there is no text under the icons and they don’t fit the window.

I thought new versions would mean progress, not going backwards...
(2017-10-16, 00:28)eobet Wrote: This bug is even worse in v18 betas.

When the TV wakes, Kodi is displayed in a small window (like before) but now you can’t even navigate to the system settings and do the windowed/full screen toggle because there is no text under the icons and they don’t fit the window.

I thought new versions would mean progress, not going backwards...

Totally agree there, I did not have the issue in Kodi 17, but now in Kodi 18 it's all the time.
Solutions I've tried are many but none are working as they should.
Intel NUC Skull Canyon - Windows 10 Pro - Kodi 18
VU+ Solo2 - Canal Digital/CMore Max
Samsung UE65KS9005 Pro Calibrated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windowed after wake from sleep1