Solved Update library problem "Skipping item with .nomedia file"
Hello. I have osmc (kodi 16.1) on raspberry pi3. Works fine except for video library updating.
I use network source with protocol webdavs. I don't use external sql. Video files are in separate folders. Folders names are as on imdb.com and often when updating - update is not correctly going on and I have
logs:
WARNING: Skipping item 'davs://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@webdav.<domainname>:443/movies/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: Skipping item 'davs://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@webdav.<domainname>:443/movies/Who%20Framed%20Roger%20Rabbit%20(1988)/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.

Network cloud server doesn't have '.nomedia' files in that folders.

I tried:
advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/].nomedia[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
<videolibrary>
<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
but without success. All the same.

If I update exact folder - it is updated with success.

So I have questions:
1. Does anybody know what wrong is with my updating process? Is there workaround ?
2. Is there better network protocol for network streaming of kodi then webdav like ftp or scp for ex. ?
Is the server on your lan? If so then smb and nfs both work flawlessly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-04, 23:29)nickr Wrote: Is the server on your lan? If so then smb and nfs both work flawlessly.

The server is in internet.
Are you sure there is no .nomedia file anywhere on the server ? Remember its a hidden file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-03-05, 00:04)nickr Wrote: Are you sure there is no .nomedia file anywhere on the server ? Remember its a hidden file.

Yes, I'm sure, I tried to mount webdav resource and to search .nomedia but without success:
mount -t davfs https://webdav.<domain> /mnt/webdav/
find /mnt/webdav -iname '*nomedia*'

I don't understand why kodi thinks there's .nomedia in "movies" folder when actually there's no such file in that directory.
Any ideas ?
It's a Kodi issue. I downgraded as a test and everything when back to normal. I think it may be from 17.4 and on. But not sure. My issue was with local networked FTP and all units it at once across android and windows. Tested SQL and it happened with and without SQL. Tested new fresh installs of most recent versions and still persisted. Taking out ftp and using KODI on the same machine that FTP was hosted on and it worked fine. Downgraded to 17.0 of KODI and it worked. Also tried on Jarvis  and FTP went back to normal. Think this might be a bug if anyone else can replicate it.
(2017-11-21, 02:25)FyshY Wrote:
Code:
It's a Kodi issue. I downgraded as a test and everything when back to normal. I think it may be from 17.4 and on. But not sure. My issue was with local networked FTP and all units it at once across android and windows. Tested SQL and it happened with and without SQL. Tested new fresh installs of most recent versions and still persisted. Taking out ftp and using KODI on the same machine that FTP was hosted on and it worked fine. Downgraded to 17.0 of KODI and it worked. Also tried on Jarvis  and FTP went back to normal. Think this might be a bug if anyone else can replicate it.
 I have the same issue. 17.5 and 17.6 running on Windows connecting to an FTP are having the .nomedia issue. Downgraded to 17.4 and its working again.

23:53:28.375 T:5136 WARNING: Skipping item 'ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:21/Movies/G/Ghost.In.The.Shell.2017.BluRay.mkv' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.

00:03:01.855 T:10160   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (ftp://USERNAME:[email protected]:21/...BluRay.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=34735
I have also the same issue.
My ftp server is FileZilla server 0.9.42 beta.

Here are the ftp logs coming from kodi 17.6:
(201832)22/09/2018 00:25:19 - xbmc (192.168.0.27)> MDTM movies/the-movie.mkv/.nomedia
(201832)22/09/2018 00:25:19 - xbmc (192.168.0.27)> 213 20160501142258
(201832)22/09/2018 00:25:19 - xbmc (192.168.0.27)> disconnected.

In kodi source settings/content scanning options, the attribute 'movies are in separate folders that match the movie title' is unchecked.
As we can see in the logs, kodi looks for the .nomedia file as if the attribute was checked which is not true.

What is strange is that FileZilla server response is 213 meaning the file exists while it should be 550  
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3659#page-8

Might we expect a fix?
@abcd1415 This was recently fixed (supposedly). Please retry with the latest Kodi v18 beta and open a new thread if the issues persists. Thanks!
@yol  thank you.  The fix is ok with version 18.0-BETA3.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library problem "Skipping item with .nomedia file"0