• 9(current)
[Release] CBC.ca News
What i do to get the file is to select the "Files changed" section of the PR.  Then for each file click the three dots "..." menu on the far right of the file name header and choose "View file". Then copy and paste the contents into a new file with the same name as the header.  Then copy each file into the appropriate add-on directory on your Kodi box.
I was able to figure that part out and do it like you posted, but I ran into another issue where the addon was disabled/disappeared.  You've got me on the right track and I'll play with it some more and if worse comes to worse, I can wait until the Kodo repo is updated. It's good to learn another method of doing things.  Really appreciate the help for me and others reading this.  Can what you guys have learned about the CBC site be applied to the CBC Sports addon?  The links don't seem to be functioning now but aside from the Live Schedule it worked well in the past.
@barney63 the link you gave https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/2954 is pointing to a Closed PR. Please be sure to pickup the latest still open. Otherwise you'll be using stale or bad code.
@barney63 go to addons->MyAddons->Video Add-ons scroll down the list press and hold cbcnews, select 'Information' and enable the add-on.
@barney63 the 3.0.5 version is now available in the official Kodi repo's.  This update has lots of different categories of Sports available.
Hey, thanks for everything guys.  Your quick hints helped me to figure out a little more about GitHub on my own.  The newb doesn't know too much about PRs and navigating GitHub etc so hopefully others learned something as well from your posts.
Hey gang, was wondering if the latest fix is pushed to the CBC plugin yet?  When I click on "update" it still stays on the same version.
The CBC.ca News add-on updates for version 3.0.5 were published on June 15, 2020 and are available for Kodi Krypton (17) and Leia (18).
I believe I have Kodi 18.7, however, I thought 3.0.5 was the version with my changes and after awhile there were breakages which barney63 fixed.  I am looking for the 3.0.6 version.  Is that not ready yet?
@sunmoon you might wish to check again to see who did what in which version and when.
See PR 2878 - cbcnews 3.0.4 and PR 2955 - cbcnews 3.0.5.

CBC.ca News version 3.0.5 is the most recent version and was published on June 15, 2020.  This version works well for me with Kodi 17.6 Krypton
Just to add to @kodaksmith above: Use version 3.0.5 from the kodi.org repo, ignore all the other versions. You may have to uninstall the current add-on you have if it has a version equal to or higher than 3.0.5 to be able to install from the repo.
(2020-06-23, 05:29)sunmoon Wrote: I believe I have Kodi 18.7, however, I thought 3.0.5 was the version with my changes and after awhile there were breakages which barney63 fixed.
All credit goes to kodaksmith and learningit, thanks to them for their good work
Version 4.0.0 released to Kodi v19 repo.
PLEASE NOTE: This add-on is native Py3 and will only run on Kodi v19 or above.
The CBC News Network disappeared from the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. add on a few days ago.
I am running Kodi version 18.1 on a GooBangDoo Android box.
This Channel has "disappeared" previously, but is usual back in a couple of days.
The Network has been "free" to access since the start of covid-19. Given the pandemic is still here, I'm wondering why the channel has disappeared in the add ob.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] CBC.ca News0