Possible to get comment tag into kodi?
Would it be possible to get the 'comment' tag being useable from within kodi? Maybe under roles?

We talked about "misusing" the comment tag for personal preferences, but it's not available from kodi.
Comment tag is processed and the value available by Kodi. It is stored for the song, and there is an info label so skins can display it for both songs nodes and on the info dialog. It can be used in smart playlist rules.

Comment can and does contain anything. Makes no sense to try to add the arbitrary text content of comment into artist roles, use PERFORMER/TMCL or TIPL for artist roles. It makes no sense to try to codify the arbitrary text content of comment, in the way we do with genre.

Where it could be added is sorting (if/when we have user configurable sorting), and to the side blade filter facility (that I would like to expand dramaticaly).
Yep agreed with Dave.

You can create a custom node with it, i'm pretty sure I used to use it for sorting by release group.
Ok, I thought I could use it to put my top genres into it without cluttering the already cluttered genre and be able to browse like one does with genre Wink
Yep should be easy enough

http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes
Yes you could use rules on comment to create a series of custom song nodes, but I doubt if that is what Rusendusen really wants.

I get that with 131k of songs (30k artists) you need more than one level of categorisation. Genre is not sufficient, or the genre node itself becomes too big. Could do with a subgenre tag, or some kind or super-genre, or use source.

I understand the issue, but the solution is not comment, at song level it is too low. I would guess that divison at artist level would help most, or an ability to group genres?
Don't forget you can also use the "Style" field if you use the music scrapers.

Just make sure you select TADB as the music source and not allmusic(as you will get multiple styles with that).

For example I have "Rap" as the Genre and "West Coast Rap" as the style.

This pretty much fixes the sub genre thing, for me anyway.
Is it possible to create a Mood custom node listing the Moods within the db in a similar way to Genre?
(2017-03-07, 16:18)jjd-uk Wrote: Is it possible to create a Mood custom node listing the Moods within the db in a similar way to Genre?

Yep should be!
(2017-03-07, 16:18)jjd-uk Wrote: Is it possible to create a Mood custom node listing the Moods within the db in a similar way to Genre?

(2017-03-07, 16:19)docwra Wrote: Yep should be!
Off you go then Zag.... Smile

It all depends what jjd_uk means. Yes you can you make a custom node of songs or albums (if you have scraped mood for albums) with mood satisfying a rule e.g. Mood LIKE "Happy".

But what I think he means is having a moods node, like the genres node, that shows all the mood values and lets you drill down to see albums/songs with that selected mood. Possible with the data sure, but something that would have to be implemented in Kodi, not a user customisation.
(2017-03-07, 17:03)DaveBlake Wrote: But what I think he means is having a moods node, like the genres node, that shows all the mood values and lets you drill down to see albums/songs with that selected mood. Possible with the data sure, but something that would have to be implemented in Kodi, not a user customisation.

Yep that's what I meant.

I knew it was possible to query the stored Mood tags via Smartplaylist for a specific mood like "Party" to create a "Party" playlist for example, and to even turn that into a "Party" custom node, just wondered if it was possible to have a listing of all Moods stored to db in the exact same fashion as Genre.
The SQL is easy, but it takes a bit more to add yet another node type to Kodi. More again to work out how to present the user with the choice to navigate with mood and genre (say), does this new node fit into the current navigation hierarchy? I had the same issue with artist roles. Often what you really want to select both role and genre - you can via custom nodes but it isn't user friendly. If doing it then it would be more efficient to codify mood values, like genre is codified etc.

So very possible, but as I said needs implementation inside Kodi.

Then again what about nodes for styles and themes too?
Just to add what would be possible immediately (still inside Kodi) is to add mood, style, theme etc. to the filter available from side blade. Not a node, but you would get a list of them to select from.

And yes same goes for filtering songs by comment. But, and it is a big but, to get to filter you have to visit the large unfiltered songs node first, so from a library navigation efficiency view point on large libaries this approach sucks.
(2017-03-07, 14:48)DaveBlake Wrote: Yes you could use rules on comment to create a series of custom song nodes, but I doubt if that is what Rusendusen really wants.

I get that with 131k of songs (30k artists) you need more than one level of categorisation. Genre is not sufficient, or the genre node itself becomes too big. Could do with a subgenre tag, or some kind or super-genre, or use source.

I understand the issue, but the solution is not comment, at song level it is too low. I would guess that divison at artist level would help most, or an ability to group genres?
Exactly Wink
I somehow like the absolutly cluttered genres, but at the same time it doesn't really help... so I don't want to loose the variety but find a way to organize.

If using a genre with "!" at the beginning, it would be on top of the genre list? So I thought about adding the top-genres as maybe "!German" for to have it at the beginning. Doing that with folders that I like being on top, too.

Yes, division by artist is a key!

It was just a quick thought. Need to look more into styles, nodes and all that, but somehow time is missing Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to get comment tag into kodi?0