Auto start addon then return to home screen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maddis Offline
Hi there. I have looked and can't find the answer so i thought it would be best to ask iin here.

I was wandering wether there was a way to auto start an addon then return to the home screen once its launched.

I have sucessfully got the first part to work using the:

xbmc.executebutin('XBMC.RunAddon(plugin.video.pluginname)') script in autoexec.py but cant get it to return to the home screen.

Can the activatewindow(home) be used as a second command in autoexc.py as im getting a erro when trying this?

or

Can i run/activate the plugin in the background without a gui?

Thanks in advance.

Maddis
find quote
Maddis Offline
Have a posted in the wrong forum?
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
It would be better in add-on development - I'll move it there.

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote
el_Paraguayo Offline
Donor
What's your addon trying to do?

Autostarting the addon and having it run in the background sounds like you want a service addon.

BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
find quote
Maddis Offline
Im using spotify and i want to be able to speed the process up of going into a sub menu withing the plugin (which i am adding as a homeshelf shortcut in amber) rather than having to click on the addon itself and waiting for it to load which takes longer. I was trying to seenifni can run it first before navigating into the plugin
find quote
krul Offline
I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?
find quote
Maddis Offline
(2017-06-17 16:30)krul Wrote:  I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?

I haven't figured this out yet unfortuanatley. Hopefully someone on here can still help
find quote
Lunatixz Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2017-06-20 22:18)Maddis Wrote:  
(2017-06-17 16:30)krul Wrote:  I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?

I haven't figured this out yet unfortuanatley. Hopefully someone on here can still help
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin.video.pluginname')", True)
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-21 23:53 by Lunatixz.)
find quote