v16 No Subtitles Display
I have tried everywhere to find a solution to this but I can't. I have Kodi 16.1 and have tried using OpenSubtitles.org and SubScene.com and neither actually displays any subtitles. I can watch a movie and download the subtitles but they never appear. In my video settings all of my options are set following this:

Open Kodi
Select SYSTEM > Settings
Select Video
Select Subtitles
Select Preferred subtitle language
Choose your language
Select Languages to download subtitles for
Select your language again. You can also select others as a backup just in case subtitles aren't available. I use Swedish but I also choose English as a backup
Select OK when you have chosen the languages you want
Select Default TV show service
Select Get more...
Choose a subtitle service. I recommend OpenSubtitles
Select Default movie service
Select the Subtitle service you have installed
Now when you start watching content open the media controls and select the Subtitle Icon
Select Download
Choose your preferred subtitle choice

Can someone help?
Opensubtitles requires authentucation, anf sometimes evrn the service is overloaded. Got to opensusbtitles settings and enter your user credentials
I have an account with OpenSubtitles and have signed in with it. Subtitles still do not display.
Smokey ashes I have the same problem. when i go to a film and select subtitles- download , I get a dropdown which says your" opensubtitles .org username or password is empty or not valid", and like you I have an account with them.
is there anywhere on kodi that you have to verify username /password. because i cant find it.
i just now went into subtitles- subscene,- install .when it installed . i went into update, and instead of selecting Kodi subtitle update i tried the local update . and lo and behold got some subtitles. they were competing with the origional Japanese ones , but its start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Subtitles Display0