Wrong Aspect Ratio
When I play movies, some display just fine, and some are stretched vertically (within the same add-on). I'm supposed to see black lines on top and bottom, but instead of that, the image is stretched vertically to fill the whole screen. The movies that are displayed correctly also take up the whole screen, but are not stretched. I mostly watch recent movies, so I imagine they all would have the same aspect ratio, no?

I have the Kodi option "Minimise black bars" under video settings turned off. The TV setting to Auto (and I tried all the options).

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Which addon?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It happens with different video add-ons. Movies that look good in one add-on, look good in others; movies that look stretched vertically in one, look the same in a different add-on.
(2017-03-08, 21:29)_Kira__ Wrote: It happens with different video add-ons. Movies that look good in one add-on, look good in others; movies that look stretched vertically in one, look the same in a different add-on.

Kind of hard to diagnose your problem with the information you provided and you didn't answer the question from DarrenHill. Which specific add-ons?
Since it happens with 2 or 3 different add-ons, I don't think it would be an add-on problem. Assuming I'm right, aren't there any suggestions about checking other settings, kodi or the tv. Does it have to be an add-on problem?
(2017-03-09, 01:57)_Kira__ Wrote: Since it happens with 2 or 3 different add-ons, I don't think it would be an add-on problem. Assuming I'm right, aren't there any suggestions about checking other settings, kodi or the tv. Does it have to be an add-on problem?

Okay, I have a feeling you are avoiding the question, either way, post a debug log and we will take a look. Instructions in my sig.
Thank you for your help, a friend of mine fixed it = )
(2017-03-19, 18:53)_Kira__ Wrote: Thank you for your help, a friend of mine fixed it = )

What was the fix action?

Other users may run into the same issue and it would be helpful if you share your solution, so that other users can search the forum for answers instead of making new threads addressing the same problem.
I recently encountered the same issue where some videoclips, as posted on some 'funny clips daily' site, showed stretched vertically (the ultimate vvs).
Using the recent nvidia Shield (Android 8) and Kodi (17.6) I used a post on the shieldforum to find a workaround. As I first stumbled on this topic without a shared fix I felt obliged to add it here also.

Go to settings->player->videos and set the option 'Minimise black bars' to '1%', this fixed it for me. 

Setting it to 'off' does not work.
Smile 
(2018-09-06, 21:44)AgentX Wrote: I recently encountered the same issue where some videoclips, as posted on some 'funny clips daily' site, showed stretched vertically (the ultimate vvs).
Using the recent nvidia Shield (Android 8) and Kodi (17.6) I used a post on the shieldforum to find a workaround. As I first stumbled on this topic without a shared fix I felt obliged to add it here also.

Go to settings->player->videos and set the option 'Minimise black bars' to '1%', this fixed it for me. 

Setting it to 'off' does not work.
Hey btw you saved me! Finally, my ratio is fixed Smile 
I tried 1% and also disabling this feature was the solution
(2020-02-12, 20:14)majkl-cz Wrote: I tried 1% and also disabling this feature was the solution

Minimizing black bars is best done via the zoom function, at least when you want to keep your aspect ratio.
Any other 'trick' to change the display outcome will result in distorted aspect ratios.

Or else, get a 21:9 monitor/tv if you want to watch wide-screen movies (or recent Netflix series) properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Aspect Ratio0