VivoMini UN42 vs my old ASUS S1
Hi

How much better is VivoMini UN42 vs my old Asus S1? I know that my S1 have 3 or 4 cords but does that matter? And does the VivoMini UN42 have IR for my XBox remote? Smile The S1 has and i love it.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
the UN42 is comparable to a 4th-gen NUC or Chromebox -- you'll get flawless h.264 playback up to 4kp30, but no 4kp60 output or HEVC decoding; it doesn't appear to have built-in IR but a Flirc can fix that if you can't use BT. It will be a pretty significant upgrade from you S1, but depending on your location and cost, it may not be worth it given its limitations (no 4Kp60, no HEVC) and your needs. There's also cheaper options that provide comparable performance for pure Kodi use (ie, a Chromebox)
(2017-03-08, 07:45)Matt Devo Wrote: the UN42 is comparable to a 4th-gen NUC or Chromebox -- you'll get flawless h.264 playback up to 4kp30, but no 4kp60 output or HEVC decoding; it doesn't appear to have built-in IR but a Flirc can fix that if you can't use BT. It will be a pretty significant upgrade from you S1, but depending on your location and cost, it may not be worth it given its limitations (no 4Kp60, no HEVC) and your needs. There's also cheaper options that provide comparable performance for pure Kodi use (ie, a Chromebox)

Thanks, i guess i'm not buying it then. Smile
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VivoMini UN42 vs my old ASUS S10