Autostart Kodi on Boot feature?
Just asking, or requesting, or wishing...take your pick.

In SPMC there is an option to launch SPMC when the Android box is started. Here is the website...

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/How-...MC-on-boot

and the code...

To do so, create a file name xbmc_env.properties (if not existing) in the root of your external storage (normally, "/sdcard"). Add:

xbmc.autostart=yes

Now this doesn't work for Kodi 17, but seems like it should be simple to do, or am I missing something? Or is this a possible feature in Kodi 18?
You can use this app to achieve the same thing - Launch on Boot
You sure can, but it would be easier (and I don't have to install yet another application that can crap out my system), if I could just create a similar file as with SPMC.

I like the KISS method of work.
I would think for 99% of people, it’s far easier to send the app to install on the Shield, and use it to make Kodi auto start than create a file, navigate to the correct folder and place it there. One requires some understanding of the file system, an app to navigate with, or SMB to the Shield, the other doesn’t, it’s a simple to use app. So from a KISS standpoint, the app fits the bill far more than the other method.
As you can have SPMC and Kodi installed at the same time, and only SPMC has ever worked with that command, it’s clear that Kodi needs more than that, or part of the instructions altered, maybe as simple as changing “xbmc” to “kodi”. Did you try that?
Kodi doesn't have the code, so the app solution is the only one, here
Damn Koying, can't the Kodi developers just bring you back to do Android coding for Kodi again. Sheesh.

I know the code isn't in Kodi, that is kinda what I'm asking for it to be added.
(2017-03-10, 18:29)Powerhouse Wrote: Damn Koying, can't the Kodi developers just bring you back to do Android coding for Kodi again. Sheesh.

I know the code isn't in Kodi, that is kinda what I'm asking for it to be added.

Reviving this old tread to see if anything has changed...

And what I'm actually looking for is the way SPMC used to work... You could press the Android "HOME" key and Kody would be displayed... That is more than simply "Autostart"...

Is there any way to do this today?

Thanks !!!
It's 2024, is there a way for Kodi (Nvidia Shield) to launch upon boot/restart?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autostart Kodi on Boot feature?1