Krypton compatability
Krypton works on Lollipop and up

Many streaming boxes, especially those running Cortex A7 do not have images, to upgrade to higher than Kit Kat 4.4 !

Regretably, I had to find other less fussy Android apps, and to my surprise, produced better quality results.

Sorry had to say this, but its the truth,
Stop supporting manufacturers that won't support you. Next time purchase a quality product from a reputable manufacturer.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
oh, I see.
So its done on purpose, so you have to buy selected products and ignore others! Or buy a new device!

Of course, silly me, you are in buisness to make money!
(2017-03-08, 22:55)pawlu Wrote: oh, I see.
So its done on purpose, so you have to buy selected products and ignore others! Or buy a new device!

Of course, silly me, you are in buisness to make money!

Don't be ridiculous. Trust me, no-one does this for the money - frankly, there isn't any, but that's not the point - so all you're doing is whining that your free, volunteer-created and -curated software doesn't work on your ancient platform of choice.

Given this and other comments: stop it, or I'll ban you.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Nope, we don't make hardware or money (except by donations).

What we do make is free software which uses features that are only available in newer versions of android, although Lollipop is 2 versions of android behind the current release so it's hardly requiring cutting edge stuff even then...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
We do make some money from that Kodi raspberry pi case, fwiw. I don't think that really plays into "you should buy more well supported android boxes" though.
(2017-03-08, 22:25)pawlu Wrote: Krypton works on Lollipop and up

Many streaming boxes, especially those running Cortex A7 do not have images, to upgrade to higher than Kit Kat 4.4 !

Regretably, I had to find other less fussy Android apps, and to my surprise, produced better quality results.

Sorry had to say this, but its the truth,

There comes a point in time where software developers have to leave older platforms behind. Accept it and move on. Should I complain to Microsoft about Windows 10 not working on my old 486?

What model box do you actually have?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
nobody forces you to update to Krypton. Jarvis will still be running fine on these devices. But if you want the latest and greatest features, that unfortunantely depend on APIs that are only available on newer Android versions, you'll have to get a new box or flash a custom ROM.
IF you think of it logically, Kitkat is v4.4. After that we had 5.0, 5,1, 6.0 and now 7! So that is 4 versions behind... I still have Note 2 smartphone but it would be stupid of me to complain when things stop working, slowly, one by one. It is a 4 years old device. And 3 years old OS. Things like that happen. Also, those chinese boxes are SOOOO CHEAP, even for me, living in Eastern Europe, that I can't imagine anyone complaining when they get out of date... even if I had to buy 1 box a year, it is still dirt cheap, and I'm talking EE standards.... for people in west, it is the price of double cheeseburger in McDonald's....
Quote:IF you think of it logically, Kitkat is v4.4. After that we had 5.0, 5,1, 6.0 and now 7! So that is 4 versions behind... I still have Note 2 smartphone but it would be stupid of me to complain when things stop working, slowly, one by one. It is a 4 years old device. And 3 years old OS. Things like that happen. Also, those chinese boxes are SOOOO CHEAP, even for me, living in Eastern Europe, that I can't imagine anyone complaining when they get out of date... even if I had to buy 1 box a year, it is still dirt cheap, and I'm talking EE standards.... for people in west, it is the price of double cheeseburger in McDonald's....

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton compatability0