Rotten Tomatoes Rating not always showing up
I am currently building my library and add about 20 new movies every day for the past two weeks.

Until 2 or 3 days ago i would have a Rotten Tomatoe rating show up in the DialogVideoInfo.xml-view for every single movie i added.
Since then it is hit or miss, it will show me the RT rating for maybe 5 out of 20 added movies.

When checking the RT website all of them *do* have ratings, so it is not that.
Removing the movie and adding it again does not help, nor does refreshing it.

I am trying to understand the very basics of how all this works and am lost.
Is it the scraper not collecting the data? The skin not showing it?
Are you using the stable version of the skin from Kodi repo or the beta one ?
I'd suggest you to temporary switch to the beta version as the stable version is currently a little bit broken
even with the latest beta [.52] there are movies which only displays IMDB rating and nothing else
Yes, the API providing that info is in error (omdbapi). We'll have to wait until that is fixed again

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Thank you for confirming that the error is not user-sided, the "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt" part of the problem drove me crazy...
I'm having the same issue with not seeing Rotten Tomatoes or Flixter Ratings. However I'm not seeing them on any movie.

I do however see them just as I go into the Recent Movies screen. It will brefly show all the ratings before the view refreshes and they disappear... So it does seem to be more an issue with the skin than an API from my perspective. Hopefully this info helps in finding the issue.
It's both, the API is failing for new requests so you still get some data from the cache.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Any updates on this?
No, still no news.
You can follow progress yourself here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rating-changes-8417367

If the ratings return to OMDB API I will make sure to do the required changes asap.
If they won't retun to OMDB we're out of luck because Rotten Tomatoes is now charging for their api.
Wow...thanks for the update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotten Tomatoes Rating not always showing up0