Release Redbull TV2 - 2017
Redbull TV2
Due to Red Bull retiring their v1 JSON TV API last year (that the original Redbull TV plugin relied on) and due to the original plugin developer Bromix abandoning it, I've created my own...

This gets data from the Apple TV v2 XML "API" - it's not really an API, I guess Apple TV units use XML files like HTML files and apply styles to them - so this is a bit like a hybrid-scraper.

Requires Kodi 15+

Dependencies
This will be added automatically by Kodi when you install the plugin zip
Link
[DEPRECATED] Github: https://github.com/nedge2k/kodi.plugin.video.redbulltv2
Github: https://github.com/andy-g/kodi.plugin.video.redbulltv2

Roadmap
Once it's been tested in the wild for a bit, I'll submit to the Kodi repo.

UPDATE
As of version 0.0.5, I am no longer the maintainer of this plugin. Andy Gardener (Andy-G) has forked my original github repo and continued to refine it. I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this currently so from now on, Andy is your man!
i follow!
I tried this last night and it works perfectly for me (LibreElec V8.0)

Thanks for sorting this, it's really appreciated!
Oooo. Thank you
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I am sorry for perhaps a stupid question - I am a newbie to Kodi. I have tried to install it to Rpi3 (Kodi 17), but it failed. I downloaded script....zip and plugin.video...zip to HDD and started installation. Script installation was OK, but plugin installation failed. Have I done something wrong? I have installed plugins from repositories so far, not from my HDD. Thank you.
have you used this link https://github.com/nedge2k/kodi.plugin.v...ulltv2.zip to download the addon or else?
Works very well.

Any chance of artwork of some custom icons for the channels and shows?
(2017-03-17, 12:51)peppe_sr Wrote: have you used this link https://github.com/nedge2k/kodi.plugin.v...ulltv2.zip to download the addon or else?

Yes. I'll try one more time tomorrow. I'll let you know then.
The zip file was broken, I downloaded it again and everything is OK now. It is a bit difficult to find what I want to watch (comparing to the android mobile application). Anyway, nedge2k thanks for the plugin.
Code:
Updated to 0.0.4
    Code cleanup/refactoring
    Added thumbnailimage and summary to directories

When available (from the API), directories will have thumbnails and descriptions - for some reason the thumbnails don't always load up, can't see why from debugging but i'm not gonna lose any sleep over it Wink

I did a fairly significant re-write of the code so i've left version 0.0.3 up in case there are any issues with 0.0.4 - seems ok from my testing.

As for the navigation being difficult, vma_14, that's down to the layout of the Red Bull XML feeds.
Hi

I just installed latest 0.0.4 from git, nothing plays on Helix 14.2 on Atv2, I get the thumbnails and metadata but when i click to watch, nothing happens!
Atv2 - 4.4.4 - untethered - Helix 14.2
Error log? Is it happening everywhere or just certain places? Did 0.0.3 work for you? I assume ATV2 means Apple TV 2 - if so, there is a native app for that, this plugin runs off its feeds!
log Here

sorry about that, yea! it`s Apple tv2 running older firmware, i don`t have that native app, so sorry for the confusion, i did install older version of your addon, never worked though!, same problem.
Yeah I'm not sure it's my plugin you're actually running there. Either that or something very odd is going on as it's trying to call the JSON API not the Apple TV API.

Remove EVERYTHING named Red Bull and try the install again .

If you still have issues, turn debug logging on and post a new log.
Thx!

I just did

RedbullTv2_log_Debug_on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Redbull TV2 - 20170