Win Kodi audio settings, where stored? Losing audio selection on restart
Its been about a week or more, still holding strong with success here.. happy to report.. thanks all (i didnt need to do anything in the kodi profile folder.. it was all about making sure i had the correct waspi device id in the file to begin with, i think), it definitely prevents you from seeing the audio settings on the audio settings page though.
Did you copy the whole block of audio settings?

If so, then in case you didn't realise you only needed to add the two device settings to the advancedsettings.xml for example

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <audiooutput>
        <audiodevice>WASAPI:{BE537087-5CB0-45C2-B436-3CC1F55A8CD5}</audiodevice>
        <passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{BE537087-5CB0-45C2-B436-3CC1F55A8CD5}</passthroughdevice>
    </audiooutput>
</advancedsettings>

that way you retain access to the other settings.

My previous replies were brief as I was answering on my phone.
(2017-03-29, 16:39)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you copy the whole block of audio settings?

If so, then in case you didn't realise you only needed to add the two device settings to the advancedsettings.xml for example

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <audiooutput>
        <audiodevice>WASAPI:{BE537087-5CB0-45C2-B436-3CC1F55A8CD5}</audiodevice>
        <passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{BE537087-5CB0-45C2-B436-3CC1F55A8CD5}</passthroughdevice>
    </audiooutput>
</advancedsettings>

that way you retain access to the other settings.

My previous replies were brief as I was answering on my phone.

No problem.. yeah i did the whole block.

Ill try switching to just those two... but once again last nite.. i lost the setting somehow.. it seems to be silently reverting to the other device though no way to tell other than when i play a dolby digital mkv, i dont get the red light on the receiver (again).. when this is working and set to the correct waspi i do.

I checked (again) the date on the advanced settings file.. it was still set to 3/20, the correct waspi device id was listed.

I'm not sure what is overriding it (randomly).. this time it took about 10 days to break.
I think i found the ACTUAL source of the issue why my sound was changing..

What was happening was.. if kodi was left open for some time.. for some reason Steam would come back alive and steal the sound source.. (I have a taskkill in a batch file when i launch kodi to kill any open steam instances)..

I finally discovered this the other night (so i'm 98% sure this was the cause).

Still good to go on the settings in the xml though.
(2017-03-13, 23:08)trogggy Wrote: If the advancedsettings don't work another option would be to set up a profile in audio profiles to load the audio settings you want.  Then either link that profile to a remote key (you could set your Harmony to trigger that after turning on the amp or do it manually), use a script to launch it or come up with some other trigger.

Awhile ago I bailed on the copying of settings. It just wasn't sticking. So I tried audio profiles plugin. Since then I think I updated kodi.  Once again audio won't stick. Rolls to directsound , no longer see the profile switch either. Does this plugin still work? Any alternatives?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi audio settings, where stored? Losing audio selection on restart1