.VOB playback working?
BLKMGK Wrote:Ah here's the XBMC log - there's lots of DVD errors going on http://pastebin.org/25583

URL is bad.
althekiller Wrote:URL is bad.

Yah, going to have to create a new one. The errors being seen now are different than before too so the earlier log is likely of little use. I will try to get a log from a networked play attempt tonight. Actually, I'll try to do it right now so I'll update this in a few mins Big Grin FWIW I only paste them up there with a 30day lifespan, no sense in keeping longer IMO.

Edit: Okay here you go -> http://pastebin.com/m76ee1f4b Looks like it is trying to open a file that is actually a directory? Does look like just an SMB error, this is exciting. I will try a local DVD soon too. I am on SVN 13216.

Grr, DVD folder on my desktop added as source but it won't give me the play option so it will be a little while for this test Sad
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Perhaps these logs will do?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33198
Hey BlkMgk,

Have you had any further success with VOB playback. I think we have practically the same setup.

Regards,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:Hey BlkMgk,

Have you had any further success with VOB playback. I think we have practically the same setup.

Regards,

Dave

If I turn off stacking in file mode and right click on a movie it plays full screen DD DTS etc.. no problems, leave stacking off and go into Library mode click on a movie it just hangs a bit and sends it too the now playing window. If I right click on a movie in library I do not even get a play option. I can play the movie fine in mplayer, Xine etc from the gnome desktop across the network via smb. I do not get a playback at all either way in library mode - no little window etc.. current SVN as of 12AM last night.

Regards,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:If I turn off stacking in file mode and right click on a movie it plays full screen DD DTS etc.. no problems, leave stacking off and go into Library mode click on a movie it just hangs a bit and sends it too the now playing window. If I right click on a movie in library I do not even get a play option. I can play the movie fine in mplayer, Xine etc from the gnome desktop across the network via smb. I do not get a playback at all either way in library mode - no little window etc.. current SVN as of 12AM last night.

Regards,

Dave

stacking turned off plays fine - 1 chapter of course. DOH!

RGDS,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:stacking turned off plays fine - 1 chapter of course. DOH!

RGDS,

Dave

Not sure if this will help at all, but here is a snippet from a win32 build access a movie/vob file and then a snippet from the same file on the same server trying to be access from the current Linux svn. These are not complete logs just the mount point at the beginning of playback. the first link is the win32 build and it works on VOB.

thanks,

Dave

http://www.pastebin.ca/1034968

http://www.pastebin.ca/1034971
Thumbs Up 
Okay, just tried to play a VOB\IFO DVD for th first time in awhile. IT PLAYS!!!!

Not 100% perfect in that it zips right through the intro music at the menu and then jumps right into playing - and chapters don't seem to work - but it PLAYS! Looks good with the software upscaling too! I am currently FFWD through a movie I started watching on the XBOX last night at 2X. I note that the length of chapter is JUST barely ahead of my point in the movie, both increment. Is almost like it's buffering as I move ahead and I wonder what happens if one catches the other - crash?

Anyway, my sincere thanks to the dev that tracked this down, I'd love to know what the prob was! As soon as I hit play it went full screen as it should and it looks awesome!Nod THANK YOU! I can now use the HTPC pretty much full time for video, sweet!!!!Cool

P.S. Do menus work for others? Say with ISO or something? Am curious.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Exclamation 
Okay, this WAS working although there was no menu support.

Watched a bunch of movies with it too! <snoopy dance here> However sometime in the last two-three days the SVN appears to have gotten broken again <sigh>

I am on 13473 right now and it's toast. I hit play at the file listing, select Play from the list of options, the title goes Yellow for a few seconds, and then back to White.

Not as bad an issue as we've seen in the past with this but broken for sure. I see that the DVDplayer code was changed a couple of times but I'm not certain on the exact mod that broke it.

How can I best help the devs figure out what broke it? Any chance of DVD menus working? Do they work from ISO?

Thanks!!

Edit: Okay this MIGHT be my setup but Build is throwing no errors. Found this in the logs ->

11:44:02 T:2916088720 M:525254656 DEBUG: Loading: /home/blkmgk/XBMC/BUILD/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-51-i486-linux.so
11:44:02 T:2916088720 M:525254656 ERROR: Unable to load /home/blkmgk/XBMC/BUILD/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-51-i486-linux.so, reason: /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by /home/blkmgk/XBMC/BUILD/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-51-i486-linux.so)
11:44:02 T:2916088720 M:525254656 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - failed to load ffmpeg libraries

Full log here

Edit#2:
Okay I'm an idiot! Others see this too so NOT specific to this!! -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33895
If upgrading to 8.04 won't kill you it should fix the problem.
althekiller Wrote:If upgrading to 8.04 won't kill you it should fix the problem.

I will admit some trepidation in that this will be my first Ubuntu upgrade and I'm not 100% how to do it:o However I'm NOT opposed to it since that seems to be the way to go anyway. I will backup my current system so I have a go back and upgrade it this evening I think. I'd appreciate any pointers otherwise I'll just muddle through it knowing I can get backLaugh

Thank you!
As with windows do NOT "upgrade" rather do a wipe -> full install. IIRC there are conflicting packages that promptly make most things not work properly.
Thumbs Up 
Wellll.... I did an upgrade after first backing up the whole systemShocked Much to my surprise it works fine! I even forgot to back out the video driver that ENVY had installed.

Sound works, DVD now playing, no menu but oh well for now. The only problem I see is top and bottom menu bars in Ubuntu. Will post about that elsewhere. So far so good, XBMC is all I run. Will reload if weirdness ensuesCool
BLKMGK Wrote:The only problem I see is top and bottom menu bars in Ubuntu.

If you mean you see a 'window' around XBMC, turn off desktop effects in ubuntu.
System > Preferences > Appearance.
If not excuse me Laugh
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
Thank you! Never saw that on 7.10 even with Beryl etc.!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.VOB playback working?0