Problem changing channels
Hi there. I have had WMC installed an running fine on my Win7 rig for a few years now. Yesterday, I installed ServerWMC and connected a Win10 client to it via Kodi 17.1. Everything seems to work fine except for one thing. When I attempt to change the channel, it only works the single time after I start ServerWMC. After that, even though Kodi reports I have changed to another channel, the previous channel keeps running.

Here is a link to the log:
https://pastebin.com/RLrZyUGP

Thanks...
That's strange. I looked through the log and don't see any problems. If you're still having this problem, please make me a simpler log by restarting swmc, and then do the minimal number of channel changes you have to do to make the problem happen, then tell me the names of the channels you switched so that I can see the steps involved.

I've confused about what changed in your setup, you say installed swmc, does that mean you re-installed it on your win7 machine? Or you set up a new server machine? Is it only the win10 client that triggers this problem?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Howdy. I did a fresh install yesterday of swmc on the same Win7 machine that I have been watching live TV, via windows media centre, for several years. I did not set up a new server.

I have installed Kodi on both that Win7 machine as well as a separate Win10 laptop. On both instances of Kodi, the channel changing feature of LiveTV does not seem to work.

I fire up another trace and post shortly.
Here is a link to the latest trace:

https://pastebin.com/z5Yp3rtt

- I restarted swmc
- I started Kodi, and selected TV
- Live TV started on Channel 2
- I switched to Channel 3
- TV stayed on Channel 2
When you change channels, how many digits do you transmit?
This is an interesting one too:

https://pastebin.com/uYdE8A0Z

- I started WMC and switched to channel 51, then closed WMC.
- I started Kodi, requested channel 7, but the channel changed to channel 13
- Requested channel 5, got channel 5
- Requested channel 6, stayed on channel 5.
I'm not sure what is going on (obviously) but that first log you posted just shows one live stream opened on channel 3.

Do you have this problem if you stop the channel before you tune to a different channel?

Have you tried just rebooting your server machine?
I'll give that a shot a little later on today, but I think the issue is with the transmission of the channel change command. It appears the tuner wants to change the channel (there is a pause in the stream), but the change fails, as if I entered an invalid channel number or something along those lines.
Hmm. In the first log you said you first set channel 2 and then switched to channel 3, but the log only shows swmc setting channel 3 and no setting of channel 2 (or stopping of channel 2).

The other thing you do is monitor the temp files that swmc creates in the tempswmc folder in your recorded tv folder. When you start a stream for channel2 you should see these temp files created. Then when you switch to channel3 you see the '2' temp files deleted and new ones for channel 3 created.
Good morning. I rebooted the server and resumed testing. When I stop the channel and then select another one, I am able to tune in channels 2 and 5, but selecting any other channel either dumps me to channel 16, or stays stuck on channel 5.

Interestingly, the logs have a problem with channel 16:

GetLineUpsAndChannels> Null space for channel: Drama
EPG> Channel uniqueness ID test failed for xID: 127489338
EPG> >> Channel: Drama/16
EPG> >> UniqueID: 7881299475387706
EPG> >> Channel: WIVBHD/16
EPG> Channel uniqueness ID test failed for xID: 127489338
EPG> >> Channel: Drama/16
EPG> >> Channel: WIVBHD/16

When watching the temp directory on the server, the temp file indicates the channel I selected, but that is not what is showing up on the screen.

Using windows media center, when I enter an invalid channel the stream 'jumps' for a second, but stays on the same channel. This is what this issue feels like. It's like the plugin is sending in an invalid channel selection.
Testing update:

- Selecting channel 2 or 5 work every time.
- Selecting channel 3 dumps me to 16.
- Selecting any other channel leaves me on 2,5, or 16.

Thanks for the help.
OK, I think I am getting somewhere. I restarted swmc, restarted kodi, and then surfed from channel 2-13. Check out these specific log entries:

SetChannel> Channel: 2 : CICA - 7994F12 = { (2 : CICA - 1861D5) + [ 2 : CICA - 7993B2D] }
SetChannel> Tuners available for this channel: 1
SetChannel> Channel: 3 : GLOB - 7994F13 = { (3 : GLOB - 1861D7) + [ 3 : GLOB - 7993B31, 116 : GLOB - 7993CD5] }
SetChannel> Tuners available for this channel: 2
SetChannel> Channel: 4 : OMNI1 - 7994F15 = { (4 : OMNI1 - 1861D9) + [ 4 : OMNI1 - 7993B35, 169 : OMNI1 - 7993D59] }
SetChannel> Channel: 5 : GUIDE - 7994F17 = { (5 : GUIDE - 1861DB) + [ 5 : GUIDE - 7993B39] }
SetChannel> Tuners available for this channel: 1
SetChannel> Channel: 6 : CBLT - 7994F18 = { (6 : CBLT - 1861DD) + [ 6 : CBLT - 7993B3D, 127 : CBLT - 7993CED] }

Channels 2 and 5 work correctly, the other don't. Channels 2 and 5 don't have any alternates, while a channel like 6 has 3. I think swmc is attempting to change to one of the alternates, which are channels I don't actually get so the channel doesn't change.

How can we restrict swmc to just the channels i have?
Yeah, you are right, that is the problem. You have a single tv tuner, so each of those channels that say you have 2 tuners available for this channel are incorrect. This has to do with the wmc setup, in wmc if you choose 'edit channels' for one of these problem channels you'll see that it has two sources enabled in wmc rather then just a single one. One way to fix the problem is in wmc just disable the extra channel source at the bottom of the sources list and then save. I think another way to fix it, is to just reconfigure live-tv in wmc.

The reason wmc is giving you different results then swmc is that, by default, if there are multiple channel sources for channel swmc takes the one at the bottom of the source list (which is bad for your problem channels), but wmc takes the source at the top of the list (which works). This behavior can be turned off, but the better fix is to just get rid of the extraneous source.
Howdy. Editing the channels in media centre to remove the higher channels and reloading swmc did the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem changing channels0