Release TheAudioDBSync - Sync your music ratings from the cloud
We have had over 5,000 album and track ratings now from this Add-on submitted to TADB.

Thanks to any users who have installed it and shared their ratings to improve the site Smile
Kodi L today's nightly
MySQL database

Hi there,

Kodi tells me there's an updated 1.20 version but won't update it. I had to download a zip from the robwebset repository to manually update.

Also, this somehow doesn't seem to work the myriads of rating tags I already have in my files. Those ratings are shown in the "Now playing" dialogue but I'm unsure if they've made their way into the Kodi database. Since the upload showed 0 I'm guessing no. Anything that can be done?
(2019-01-06, 17:39)HeresJohnny Wrote: Kodi L today's nightly
MySQL database

Kodi tells me there's an updated 1.20 version but won't update it. I had to download a zip from the robwebset repository to manually update.

Also, this somehow doesn't seem to work the myriads of rating tags I already have in my files. Those ratings are shown in the "Now playing" dialogue but I'm unsure if they've made their way into the Kodi database. Since the upload showed 0 I'm guessing no. Anything that can be done?
I have updated the first post with my latest fork link. 1.2.0 is the latest and final version.

I have never tested mySQL so you are on your own there, but it should work.

Regarding the rating source, it should not matter. All this Add-on needs is the Kodi database to have numerical number of 0 to 10 in the rating or userrating fields. Depending on Add-on config.

Here's where it gets interesting. Kodi has decided to use a 100-based system for rating tags in Flac files. Maybe there's the hickup?

Then again, when I create a Smart Playlist with "MyRating greather than 6" it works and queues all my tagged FLACs. The upload result to TheAudioDB is still 0, unfortunately.
Hm... it started doing something now. I've enabled some logging but surely that can't be it. Progress is very slow, though. There are a lot of errors concerning song id's not matching and after 40% I start getting API TOKEN INCORRECT errors as well. It's been running for 40 mins now and progress is at 48%. I don't see any ratings appear in my profile on the website, either... maybe you want to take a look, my username there is the same as here.
(2019-01-09, 01:40)HeresJohnny Wrote: Hm... it started doing something now. I've enabled some logging but surely that can't be it. Progress is very slow, though. There are a lot of errors concerning song id's not matching and after 40% I start getting API TOKEN INCORRECT errors as well. It's been running for 40 mins now and progress is at 48%. I don't see any ratings appear in my profile on the website, either... maybe you want to take a look, my username there is the same as here.
 Might be worth running it on a test library first, but sounds like its doing its thing. Is the API token definitely correct and in uppercase?

It sounds like your ratings are messed up as well, possibly from an older Kodi version. I'm pretty sure they should be 0-10 only and that's all the Add-on will recognise. @DaveBlake may be able to confirm this.

The Add-on does take a long time on larger libraries as it uses the slow JSON interface, but I just run it once every couple of months myself. It obviously takes a lot longer if you sync up and down at the same time.

There has been no uploads on your account on TADB, you can always check here for the entries of API submissions: https://www.theaudiodb.com/user/HeresJohnny
I've checked the database, all user ratings correctly show a range from 1-10. I only tried uploading so far but despite the long runtime nothing seems to have been sent. The API token is definitely correct... otherwise the upload functionality wouldn't have been activated in conjunction with my username, no?
I finally succeeded. Turns out that the website had converted my username to lowercase. After amending that in the add-on settings everything started working.
Cool yes I see your track score uploads, nicely filling out some popular albums Smile
Apparently it's possible to run this more than once in parallel, maybe you should look into this :-)

What happens:

When I go to the addons section and click this addon, it starts running right away. I have it set to "submit only". As you know, it first submits the album ratings, then the track ratings. If I click the addon again after a little while, for example when it has reached the track stage, it starts submitting album ratings again while track submitting keeps going.

What I would expect:

Not running = nn first click: Add-ons asks "Would you like to sync your ratings now?" (or similar): Yes/No
While running in the background = on second click: "You're currently syncing your ratings. Would you like to abort?" Yes/No

Thanks for looking into it!
Some more ideas:

During the sync process, some messages pop up about items not being found. I assume those are songs which exist in my library but not in TheAudioDB? Maybe the add-on could offer some interaction to add those items or the complete albums to TheAudioDB. At the very least save/show a log file at the end that only contains missing items and maybe a link to a submission page? Just a few thoughts, maybe you can make something of this.
Assuming the tags have musicbrainz ID's everything should match as long as its actually been added to TADB. The log should show more.

Unfortunately this Add-on was created by someone else who has now left the Kodi scene so we are pretty much stuck with what we have until I get better at Python anyway Big Grin

I have noticed it slowed down my system a little at one point so I just disable it when not in use and re-enable to sync each month.
Hi,

Are Musicbrainz IDs mandatory for this addon to work? I have all my collection perfectly tagged, but I don't use MB IDs. I was hoping to use this addon to scrape ratings into the rating field while keeping my own userratings. I see there is an option to download track average ratings from sites like rateyourmusic, is it working? I don't get any results (I have configured my API token and I have selected get info from artist if no MB IDs available)
(2020-04-20, 13:37)hache93 Wrote: Hi,

Are Musicbrainz IDs mandatory for this addon to work? I have all my collection perfectly tagged, but I don't use MB IDs. I was hoping to use this addon to scrape ratings into the rating field while keeping my own userratings. I see there is an option to download track average ratings from sites like rateyourmusic, is it working? I don't get any results (I have configured my API token and I have selected get info from artist if no MB IDs available)

I believe it should work without MBID's but they are recommended. It will certainly be a lot slower without MBID's. Kodi scrapers use them as well to lookup artwork and details with the scrapers so well worth adding to your collection.

Regarding the rateyourmusic feature, I seem to remember there was some settings bug that meant you needed to remove the APi key or click apply in a certain way, or something similar for it to work. Also check the albums are actually rated.

https://www.theaudiodb.com/ratingsalbum....eyourmusic
(2020-04-20, 18:06)docwra Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 13:37)hache93 Wrote: Hi,

I believe it should work without MBID's but they are recommended. It will certainly be a lot slower without MBID's. Kodi scrapers use them as well to lookup artwork and details with the scrapers so well worth adding to your collection.

Regarding the rateyourmusic feature, I seem to remember there was some settings bug that meant you needed to remove the APi key or click apply in a certain way, or something similar for it to work. Also check the albums are actually rated.

https://www.theaudiodb.com/ratingsalbum....eyourmusic 
I was looking more for an option to rate individual tracks acording to rateyourmusic or metacritic average ratings. I will try getting MB Ids and see if that gives me more results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDBSync - Sync your music ratings from the cloud1