[WIP] Quartz 5 (Krypton support)
Hey I have mine for jarvis pretty much fully functional except for the more than 6 menu item bug on the home screen (all current menu items active + pvr).

Quartz 5 Jarvis dynaflash fork here

Try it if you want. Working out the home screen bug described above. Currently if PVR is active, you have to disable say Pictures) then everything is fine. Basically menu alignment is hosed for anything more than the current 6.
Tried it.  Good work!  The menu alignment is definitely jarring but that should not be too hard to sort out.   Have to say, though, it cannot be the quintessential Quartz experience without restoring the Media Info 2 view to its former animated glory.  :p

I made those changes along with a few other bells and whistles (adjustable fanart brightness, etc.).  You're welcome to try it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5350omy8t0hg7...z.zip?dl=0
(2018-03-12, 11:41)nonJon Wrote: Tried it.  Good work!  The menu alignment is definitely jarring but that should not be too hard to sort out.   Have to say, though, it cannot be the quintessential Quartz experience without restoring the Media Info 2 view to its former animated glory.  :p
I never realized Media Info 2 was animated (which part's animated?) tbh. I am always in Media Info typically.
(2018-03-12, 11:41)nonJon Wrote: I made those changes along with a few other bells and whistles (adjustable fanart brightness, etc.).  You're welcome to try it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp7x3ctz8k4akj...z.zip?dl=0
  Well I downloaded your zip and installed, which of course updated. I don't see any changes to My Quartz 5 or my previous install of Quartz from the TPX01 repo.

What exactly did you update? oh, and if there is adjustable fanart brightness where is that adjusted? Just did a quick run through of those features where I thought they'd be and didn't see them.

Thanks.
Once upon a time... Media Info 2 would show poster art while scrolling, then transition to fan art a few tics after settling on a selection.  It was glorious but, for whatever reason, was deprecated in version 5.  My port restores that functionality.  Thought I made it the default but you can select it nevertheless.

Fanart opacity is located at: Settings->Skin->Fanart Background Brightness [1 - 10] or Settings->Appearance->Settings->Fanart Background Brightness [1 - 10]

The option only appears if 'Hide Fanart background pictures', located in the same options menu, is set to 'No'.

Will have to put my thinking cap on to document all the fixes and enhancements.  There are quite a few...
(2018-03-12, 16:27)nonJon Wrote: Once upon a time... Media Info 2 would show poster art while scrolling, then transition to fan art a few tics after settling on a selection.  It was glorious but, for whatever reason, was deprecated in version 5.  My port restores that functionality.  Thought I made it the default but you can select it nevertheless.

Fanart opacity is located at: Settings->Skin->Fanart Background Brightness [1 - 10] or Settings->Appearance->Settings->Fanart Background Brightness [1 - 10]

The option only appears if 'Hide Fanart background pictures', located in the same options menu, is set to 'No'.

Will have to put my thinking cap on to document all the fixes and enhancements.  There are quite a few...
WEll then, for some reason when I installed via addons > zip file and selected your zip it said it updated the addon, but that fanart brightness does not show up in the Settings > Skin menu at all. Yes, I have hide fanart set to No (so fanart shows).

Something must have gone amiss or for some reason your zip is a vanilla skin.quartz ? I can try again.
(2018-03-12, 16:32)dynaflash Wrote:  your zip is a vanilla skin.quartz ? 
 Yeah, sorry.  Here's a link to a discrete build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5350omy8t0hg7...z.zip?dl=0
Ah there we go. See you pilfered the blue color them from the past and made it default. I added it but left it as Blue.
The background dimness keyboard doesn't work with a remote that I can tell. at least not on my atv. But cool control. 
yeah the mediainfo 2 animation is cool.

One thing though. How do you get to pvr? Stock quartz its under addons main menu if enabled, on mine its a separate main menu Item. I don't see it at all on yours. I assume  you use pvr as you said on mine you noticed the ganked home screen alignment which only show up if you have pvr enabled.

I'll keep playing, For sure the mediainfo 2 thing is cool.

One other thing. on mine the Movies scroll has the popup letter deal which is awesome for fast scrolling a big library, Music > Artists is the old scroll w/no letter to tell you where you are. I was gonna make the other scrolls same as movies. For large libraries it's the best I've seen to get to the right listing quick. Oh, I see on yours artists doesn't have scroll even though its enabled. THoughts?
Ah, you put it under TVShows. Thats an interesting way to do it. Recognize the confluence live tv channel switcher.
(2018-03-12, 18:38)dynaflash Wrote: The background dimness keyboard doesn't work with a remote that I can tell. at least not on my atv. But cool control. 

Odd. Works with my TV remote's directional controls. Navigation of the numeric keyboard is a bit janky but that's the original author's code. Thought about revising but opacity is a set it once and forget it option so I never bothered.
(2018-03-12, 18:38)dynaflash Wrote: yeah the mediainfo 2 animation is cool.

Never understood why Pecinko nurfed that view. It's why I became enamored with Quartz in the 1st place.
(2018-03-12, 18:38)dynaflash Wrote: One other thing. on mine the Movies scroll has the popup letter deal which is awesome for fast scrolling a big library, Music > Artists is the old scroll w/no letter to tell you where you are. I was gonna make the other scrolls same as movies. For large libraries it's the best I've seen to get to the right listing quick. Oh, I see on yours artists doesn't have scroll even though its enabled. THoughts?

I forked the version with the nebulous scroll bars and then reverted back to badge scrolling for videos. Didn't touch anything to do with music. I have Sonos for that :p

Keep poking around.  You're writing my changelog for me.  LoL

Edit:
It occurs to me that I have inadvertently hijacked this thread.  Apologies to the OP.   Please PM me if you have further questions...
My apologies too, but I am not entitled to PM nonjon directly (forum rules), and I would like to ask him (or her) to repost a link to the skin files.
All the current links come up as 404s
(2018-04-04, 02:07)sandbelt Wrote: My apologies too, but I am not entitled to PM nonjon directly (forum rules), and I would like to ask him (or her) to repost a link to the skin files.
All the current links come up as 404s

Hi sandbelt,

Check out my released Quartz skins here: Quartz 5 for KODI 16 (Jarvis) or Quartz 5 for KODI 17 (Krypton).

Follow the link and select: Clone or download -> Download ZIP.

Let me know how it goes...

John
Hey guys,

I have started working on a skin for MrMC, inspired by current Apple TV 4 (tvOS) look and I'm using Quartz as a base. Feel free to watch github repo and pull/fork from there. I'm not sure about compatibility for KODI as Mrmc is using older skin engine ATM, so a few changes might be needed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks nonjon. I have replied in the other thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Quartz 5 (Krypton support)0