Playing M2P files
I am a newbie to Libreelec Kodi on a Pi 3. Installation was easy and I can play my M2T files on a NAS very well - the system is easy to use.

However, I have a number of old home videos which are standard definition and encoded using the M2P file type and these are not recognised and hence I cannot play those file types. Is there some simple solution to this problem? I understand that M2P file types were commonly employed by Canopus and indeed these home videos were produced using Canopus software - which I no longer have.

Andy
Can you use something like handbrake or similar to re-encode them to another format, if you've a PC or Mac handy?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Can you post mediainfo output of one of these files?
A sample file would also be useful.
Cant find a way to cut and paste a picture into here so here it is typed in:-

Format MPEG-PS, Codecs Video MPEG-2 Video
MPEG-PS 2.5 GiB, 56 min 28 s
6 000 kb/s, 720*576 (4:3), at 25.000FPS, MPEG Video (PAL) (Version 2) (Main@Main) (BVOP)
224 kb/s, 48.0 kHz, 2 channels, MPEG Audio (Version 1) (Layer 2)

Hope that assists.

I have tried running Handbrake on it to produce a file type that does work but then the quality of the output suffers considerably.

Andy
Just running mediainfo from the command line is easiest.
I believe from the GUI if you choose html output you can copy/paste the text.
Also does renaming the from .m2p to .mpeg allow kodi to see it?
WOW, ITS WORKED. That's great and so simple too. After all the file(s) were MPEG files so I guess it was the extension that was fooling Kodi, now with a different file extension Kodi is no longer fooled - so simple, so elegant - but a trifle confusing.

Thanks a lot guys.

Andy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing M2P files0