Keeps scanning for channels
Hi,

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with Xbian installed. I use PVR IPTV Simple Client on it and it works great.
There's just a couple of things that bug me.

For starters every time I reboot it will scan the "client list" and all the channels again before I see the TV section. I guess I could live with this since I don't reboot it that often.

Another thing is that this can occur just random and it can just start scanning the client/channels again and the TV section disappears.
Sometimes this has happened when I'm switching through channels. It just goes dark and I get kicked out of the TV section and it disappears and starts to scan again.

This is really annoying and I'm wondering what's happening here?

Is it my provider? Misconfiguration or what? Or is it suppose to be like this? It's not really reliable to watch TV when it is like this and I'm just wondering if there's anything I could do to fix it?
Bump this as I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
The loading of a channel list from an m3u should be very quick. I load 1200 channels within 10 seconds.

Important Guide from Clients is another thing too which I would like to see amended in this addon.

Importing Guide data from Clients can sometimes take upto 10 minutes to complete after a reboot and can be frustrating. It would be good if the addon could cache the guide information somehow, though I do understand that each time it will have to re-read the same information. Maybe the problem lies in the speed that the DB can be read from memory and a quicker system should be implimented.
Afterall, normal Set top boxes are able to load data into the tv guide almost instantly from normal sat / aerial input.
where are you legally getting 1,200 channels?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keeps scanning for channels1