Win "audio output device" keeps changing
hi all i'm connected from my HTPC (windows7pro) to my Receiver via a HDMI cable but my "Audio Output Device" keeps changing to "HDMI - AMD HDMI Output" it need to stay as "WASAPI: HDMI - AMD HDMI Output"

this have always plagued me for a while regardless of the version or kodi or receiver. every so often when i open xbmc/kodi

anyone now why this is happening and how to stop it?
Sounds like what you'd see if the AVR is switch on after Kodi is started. See this solution http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2547703 that seems to be working out for someone in a similar situation.
thanks for the link reading now.
The guidance there might be a bit too vague for some, I can provide more detail if required.
(2017-03-17, 18:10)jjd-uk Wrote: The guidance there might be a bit too vague for some, I can provide more detail if required.

is it too late to take you up on this offer? i've been ensuring that i'm turning on the AVR before Kodi but sometimes i miss it and its too late the movie is done.
this is what my xml file have

Quote: <audiooutput>
<ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
<ac3transcode>true</ac3transcode>
<audiodevice>WASAPI:{93B07A5A-BC57-42FB-893A-6CAA12A39212}</audiodevice>
<boostcenter>0</boostcenter>
<channels>10</channels>
<config>2</config>
<defaultdelay>0</defaultdelay>
<dtshdpassthrough>true</dtshdpassthrough>
<dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
<eac3passthrough>true</eac3passthrough>
<guisoundmode>1</guisoundmode>
<maintainoriginalvolume>true</maintainoriginalvolume>
<passthrough>true</passthrough>
<passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{93B07A5A-BC57-42FB-893A-6CAA12A39212}</passthroughdevice>
<processquality>50</processquality>
<samplerate>192000</samplerate>
<stereoupmix>true</stereoupmix>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
<supportdtshdcpudecoding>false</supportdtshdcpudecoding>
<truehdpassthrough>true</truehdpassthrough>
</audiooutput>

what can i edit in there to lock in the audio device so it wont change even if the AVR comes on 1st?
i have both <audiodevice> and <passthroughdevice> lines like in the link
Reference post #2 again, Kodi on start checks the available devices, should there be an HDMI connection (read handshaking) to your AVR, waspi will be used, failing that direct sound will be used. To switch on the 'fly' with Kodi enter the settings>system>audio and select waspi and if that doesn't do it for you, check your playback devices in windows are set correctly. Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and Audio troubleshooting (wiki) and this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

Just easier to turn on the AVR prior to launch <audiodevice>WASAPI:{93B07A5A-BC57-42FB-893A-6CAA12A39212}</audiodevice>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"audio output device" keeps changing1