General problem with PVR on boot!
Hello,

I just updated to 17.0 and experiencing some strange behaviour.
On boot i get a error saying that the addon could not be loaded "Unknown error".
If i disable and enable the plugin after boot, it is working fine. (Tried DVBLogic before, same error)

Running on LibreELEC

Errors:
ERROR: ADDON: Dll VU+ / Enigma2 Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
ERROR: UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on VU+ / Enigma2 Client, status = 1
ERROR: AddOnLog: VU+ / Enigma2 Client: Open It seem's that the webinterface cannot be reached. Make sure that you set the correct configuration options in the addon settings!
I have the same problem on LibreElec 8.0.1 (the newest one at this date).

If the PVR is powered OFF and I switch ON the RasPi, I get this "Unknown Error" because the PVR plug-in (VU+/Enigma2) cannot be loaded.
I always have to click on "OK" to get rid of the message. Really annoying.

On my old config (OpenElec 6.0.3, that is Kodi 15.2) there was simply no TV option to click on if the PVR was powered off at Kodi startup.
When powering on the PVR later, Kodi immediately showed the TV option.

This is a real drawback compared to the older version. I wish, the dev team could do something about it.
If it's a libreelec-specific problem you'd probably possibly stand more chance asking on their forum.
https://forum.libreelec.tv/index.php
I will try.
I must point out that the problem is exactly the same with OpenElec 8.0.3. Therefore I thought that it is a general problem.

Thanks for the hint.
Did you try to disable the "Connection Lost Warning" in PVR Manager?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/General
(2017-05-10, 15:20)zehner Wrote: Did you try to disable the "Connection Lost Warning" in PVR Manager?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/TV/General

Yes, that is one of the first things I do when configuring/testing a new version.
A wild stab in the dark - have you enabled the 'wait for network before starting kodi' option? If not give it a try.
(2017-05-10, 16:10)trogggy Wrote: A wild stab in the dark - have you enabled the 'wait for network before starting kodi' option? If not give it a try.

If an add-on is no longer maintained actively, it's only a question of time until it breaks. This applies to the Kodi vu+ add-on which has no active maintainer for years. It is pure luck that it worked so long.

For Krypton, we changed the way add-on connection loss / reconnect is handled.

Instead of Kodi loading and unloading the add-on in a loop hoping that the add-on comes to live at one point in time, the add-on now has to inform Kodi whenever it loses connection/reconnected. This has several technical and functional benefits compared to the old approach.

If the add-on gets not adapted to this Kodi change, the observable behavior is exactly like you describe it.
(2017-05-10, 18:52)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 16:10)trogggy Wrote: A wild stab in the dark - have you enabled the 'wait for network before starting kodi' option? If not give it a try.

If an add-on is no longer maintained actively, it's only a question of time until it breaks. This applies to the Kodi vu+ add-on which has no active maintainer for years. It is pure luck that it worked so long.

Instead of Kodi loading and unloading the add-on in a loop hoping that the add-on comes to live at one point in time, the add-on now has to inform Kodi whenever it loses connection/reconnected. This has several technical and functional benefits compared to the old approach.

If the add-on gets not adapted to this Kodi change, the observable behavior is exactly like you describe it.
I'm aware of the behaviour change. I was under the impression that if the (non-updated) pvr addon is started before the network is up it causes the described error, but if the connection (to the backend) is availble it starts normally.
Is that not the case? It's how I recall dvbviewer behaving before it was updated, but I might have misremembered.
(2017-05-10, 19:18)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 18:52)ksooo Wrote:

I'm aware of the behaviour change. I was under the impression that if the (non-updated) pvr addon is started before the network is up it causes the described error, but if the connection (to the backend) is availble it starts normally.
Is that not the case? It's how I recall dvbviewer behaving before it was updated, but I might have misremembered.

It is exactly how you wrote.
To be more to the point: For PVR addons not supprting "async connect" (like vu+ addon), the backend server must be running and network for the machine kodi is running on must be up the moment kodi starts. If the network comes up after kodi has been started or the backend comes up after kodi has been started, addons not supporting "async connect" will not work.

I tried that but it does not change the behaviour at startup.

I do not know anything about the actual development state of the VU+/Enigma2 add-on. The only thing I noted is that my former Kodi version 15.2 had a version 1.something of the PVR addon while the new Kodi 18 loaded version 2.something. So I thought that there were some changes enabling the VU+ addon to work as before even if there is no further development on features.
I am running this addon on MrMC on Apple TV 4 and works just fine.
(2017-05-10, 20:47)ksooo Wrote: To be more to the point: For PVR addons not supprting "async connect" (like vu+ addon), the backend server must be running and network for the machine kodi is running on must be up the moment kodi starts. If the network comes up after kodi has been started or the backend comes up after kodi has been started, addons not supporting "async connect" will not work.

Does Kodi ignore the "Connection Lost Warning" setting because the VU+ client does not implement the "async connect"?
I have tested the setting on my pi, my gentoo machine and my android box, all have Krypton installed, and all behave the same way.
If the pvr server boots longer than the pvr client, the "Unknown error" message is shown (for this scenario the "wait for network before starting kodi" option is suitable). But the same message is also shown if the pvr server is powered off (I don't want to start it everytime I use KODI) and here I would expect, that disabling the warning also hides the "Unknown error" message. Apart from this, the vu+ pvr client works great on all systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
General problem with PVR on boot!0