My DIY HTPC Raspberry Pi case
Hi all,

Here's my DIY case I built last year for my Raspberry Pi to use it with OSMC onboard. It's fully DIY, and if you want to read whole post about how it has been done, and see some work in progress pics along with couple more of finished thing, you can do it here: http://jurzysta.com/raspberry-pi-case/.
And now for the pictures:
Nice! Kind of a retro, clock-radio look. Any overheating problems?
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Nope, all good. I'm using RPi 2 so no need for extra fans. The ventilation holes seem to be doing their job.
Nice, but makes the pi a lot bigger!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I like. Love seeing HD44780's being used. Anyone remember the LCD mods on old xboxes?
(2017-03-18, 06:42)nickr Wrote: Nice, but makes the pi a lot bigger!

True. That said, the original concept was to put a hard disk inside the case too, but I dropped the idea altogether and rely fully on NAS. And I couldn't make the case lower, due to the sizing of the LCD. I may make a 1x16 or 1x20 at some point, then the case would be way lower, but here I was limited by the size of the components. Also, I had to squeeze in all the cables (couldn't go with custom lengths as I'm not that skilled in soldering).
Very nice build!
Looks Great!
Great custom job! I remember the days many years ago when I had an LCD display that made a music EQ animation on the front. Very cool
I like the retro look, thanks for sharing.
Wondering what you used as the "support"/elevation in the bottom of the case. Are those the magnets you mention in the article and used to close the case? If so, I wouldn't even guess. The overall case looks as professional as those amplifier cases.
ene92: you mean the things that look like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-profile-40mm...1959467012
Very nice, love the combination of materials, looks great
That is an awesome case. I wish I has the skills, the time and the patience to make something like it.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Nice job! I've been thinking about similar with my ODroid. Did you also put vent holes in the bottom?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My DIY HTPC Raspberry Pi case0