Linux Live TV jumps back
Greetings All

My first post here. I hope you can help me.

I have set up my PVR service on Kodi 17 using the m3u files the service provider sent me, and everything is functioning well, except for one issue:

On a number of streams (not all) the stream will suddenly jump back and repeat the last two or three seconds. Then it runs fine for a while and the same thing happens. It is really annoying and makes some streams unwatchable.

Has anyone else come across this phenomenon? I haven't been able to find anything in the forum.
Could be one of 2 issues.

1st- and most suspicious is the stream itself or rather the service provider. It could be on their end. If so you're out of luck unless you report it to them and hope they fix it.

2nd- Not a smoking gun but it could be your network. If this ONLY happens with this particular service I'd say it is safe to rule this out, BUT if it happens with others as well it could be network related within your home. The fix? Well that's not so easy.

Suspect things to look at are:
1- Network cables.
2- Speed of your network. 10/100 vs 10/1000 gigabit. **Gigabit is the preferred hardwired network for streaming**
3- WiFi settings. 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. Check the channel your network is running on as well.

Chances are this is the Service Provider.

As an example the WWE app does this regularly over multiple devices in my home. It isn't my network or the devices, it's the stream from WWE
(2017-03-17, 18:04)jpdraven Wrote: Could be one of 2 issues.

1st- and most suspicious is the stream itself or rather the service provider. It could be on their end. If so you're out of luck unless you report it to them and hope they fix it.

2nd- Not a smoking gun but it could be your network. If this ONLY happens with this particular service I'd say it is safe to rule this out, BUT if it happens with others as well it could be network related within your home. The fix? Well that's not so easy.

Suspect things to look at are:
1- Network cables.
2- Speed of your network. 10/100 vs 10/1000 gigabit. **Gigabit is the preferred hardwired network for streaming**
3- WiFi settings. 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. Check the channel your network is running on as well.

Chances are this is the Service Provider.

As an example the WWE app does this regularly over multiple devices in my home. It isn't my network or the devices, it's the stream from WWE

Thank for the reply. It certainly does not happen to all channels. It is most prevalent in the UK channels. There is no problem with the Spanish or German channels I have watched.

My network is working fine - FTTH at 20Mbps and wifi in the house with minimal speed reduction. There is no problem streaming HD sports broadcasts, so I doubt that it is a network issue. I guess I will need to contact the service provider.
I had this same issue in some channels in 15. the only quick solution i came up with is to seek an alternative for the said channel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV jumps back0