Bug Empty TV shows not hidden
I think I found the problem and the solution for me.

When I add a series label all seems to go well.

Video library - Series - Labels - serie label

No idea why it does work with these labels and not with other ways but for now it seems to be solved.
Is someone able to submit this as a bug? I have the same issue (using Emby with Kodi, Krypton 17.3) where empty TV show series are displayed, with 0 content. They were not displayed in Jarvis. I tried to figure out how to submit a bug on the Bugtracker, but it's very confusing.
This isn't a support thread for Emby, submitting this as a bug will be disregarded. I should mention that the system 'clean' should help effect changes if listings without videos are showing up.
I suppose I should have been more clear. This is NOT an Emby issue. This is a Kodi issue. I only mention Emby in case it helps someone troubleshoot. But this issue has been present in Kodi Krypton (and was not present in Jarvis).

I'm not sure what you mean by a system 'clean'. If you are referring to cleaning out empty folders, that might be a temporary solution. But a big pain to do for every show that's in between seasons. It was much better when the "Show Empty TV Shows" setting in Kodi actually worked when disabled (aka hidden). But it doesn't work now.

The problem has also been posted here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304806

But it doesn't seem like anyone has reported it as a bug yet.
Hey @PatK 

Something definitely changed internally with Krypton and it has nothing to do with Emby.

Hide empty series no longer seem to apply to custom video nodes, which incidentally is what Emby is using.
Another thing that proves it's a bug is once you enter the empty series and back out, the empty series vanishes.

I hope this helps find the bug. Let me know if there's anymore I can provide you, it should be easily reproducible using custom video nodes.
Here is what I did to recreate the issue using a Kodi video node:
Code:
In the Kodi userdata folder > library > video > tvshows > Copy titles.xml
..library > video > Paste titles.xml
In Kodi > Videos > Titles (which is the custom video node) > empty series are showing. But the default version of the same node within Videos > TV Shows > Titles, empty series are not showing.
I'm also seeing this same issue but on Amazon Fire TV. The issue has happened since upgrading form Kodi 16.x to 17.1. I'm currently on 17.6 and the issue still occurs.

I've created this ticket with further details:

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17695#ticket
You have to refresh the info for each ongoing show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Empty TV shows not hidden1