v17 Live TV set up: I need help
Just bought a Sony Smart TV with Android TV. I and have downloaded Kodi 17 onto the TV. Trying to set up for live TV on the TV but I know nothing about how to go about it. All internet searches seem to assume the reader knows something and the screens never look like what I'm looking at. I need a detailed guide as to what I need to do (A to Z compilation) in order to get live TV on my Sony TV. Something with descriptions of what things are and their significances would be great but the focus for me right now is simply to get something up and running. The learning curve starts.

Currently I have no live TV on my PC. I do have a digital cable PVR connected to the TV, but that's from a cable company and not internet oriented.

Do I need to do something on my PC (Windows 7 OS)? Is it all TV oriented? Do I need to buy something? TV is connected to my wireless internet.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

John
See PVR (wiki) for more information
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thad no you. This looks like we had I need. Any suggestions for a good tuner to purchase?
I use an hdhomerun prime personally.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Doesn't your tv already have a tuner?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes it does but how c as N I use it for live tv
I have the hdhomerun prime as well, it works with cable tv, you just need to get a cable card from your cable company and plug it into the hdhomerun prime. Then you need some backend PVR software to handle the streaming/recording of LiveTV. I use MythTV but it's linux only. For Windows 7 I believe Windows Media Center works well with the hdhomerun units. I replaced all my cable company DVR boxes with this setup.
I don't think that you can link Kodi with your TV's internal tuner, you will need to use an external backend

I'm from the UK using the VBox TV Gateway 4K DVB-T2 *mod-edit*
It is connected to my roof aerial and I use it to distribute live TV and as a recording server (network PVR)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV set up: I need help0