v17 Migrate Krypton library back to Jarvis?/Synchronise ratings
Question 
Hi,

how can i "convert" my library to make it Jarvis compatible again?
I'm having serious playback issues with Krypton and don't want to rebuild my library (24000 songs, all rated).
Jarvis creates a new music db file when i copy my Krypton db over, so that's a no go.

Is there a way?
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Surprized about playback issues, shame to give up on v17, have you rasied the issues in detail elsewhere?

But to stay on topic, how good is your SQL? You could certainly convert manually from one format to another, there are just no tools to do it for you. The easiest way to see what need doing is to look at the migration code that takes MyMusic56 (Jarvis) to MyMusic60 (Krypton) here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Krypto....cpp#L4747

The do the reverse e.g delete fields whene they are added, remove records etc. Sorry I don't have enough free time to talk you through it. Take backups and have a go.

Another route would be export and edit the xml, but that is only additonal artist and album data, it's not going to deal with your song ratings.
Have you deleted your old db?
Kodi keep the old db in the db folder.
Yep the old db should be there unless you've manually deleted it, of course that won't include any additions since the upgrade.
Although it sounds like you may have been already messing with your Userdata folder which may have wiped your original Jarvis db.
I've found an older Jarvis backup and managed to change paths
(Q10 Pro updated from Anroid 5 to 7 and changed HDD paths)
using SQLiteSpy and Db browser for SQLite.

I know that going back to Jarvis isn't going to be a permanent solution, but Krypton is currently unusable for me since it constantly crashes when using party mode - which i use alot.

Is there some way to "extract" parts off the db like file location and rating to "inject it" into a newly scanned db? Nerd
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
(2017-03-20, 00:41)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Krypton is currently unusable for me since it constantly crashes when using party mode - which i use alot.
Well I know nothing about any issue being reported, and no work in being done on party mode. Contrary to popular belief Kodi does not magically fix (or break) itself.

Could benefit both yourself and others to report the issue clearly.
Was it the official 17.0 release you were using? so not one of the Release Candidate or Beta releases? as there was a crashing issue that was fixed.
Every version of KODI 17.
It might not be the app itself but a compatibility issue with the Q10 Pro or Android or even artist slideshow...
but it doesn't happen on Jarvis.
I've tried RCs, test builds, nightlies etc, it happens with every version.
I stopped trying Krypton when in one of the last test-builds the back button on my remote was being unmapped.

Maybe a complete re-scan of my library would fix it, but as stated above, i'm not gonna spend weeks again rating 24000 tracks till my thumb breaks.
That's why the only solution for my dilemma would be a way to extract those ratings somehow.

How to:
You can rate your CDs on theaudiodb.com, and sync it back to Kodi with an addon, not much if a help now, but maby in the future Smile

PS: I use partymode every day, and never had any issue
I must express how frustraing it is as a dev to be told that something is "unstable" and thus unuseable, but not given the information to be able to investigate. It is a bit like being asked "when did you stop beating your wife?".

BTW the issue is unlikely to be the data in the library, so the solution probably would not involve re-scanning and losing the ratings data. But hey, you don't give details, you didn't even bother to use the default skin and turn of addons like artist slideshow to see if that helped. I can only conclude that you don't want a solution.

I'm going to asume that you didn't rate 24k of songs using Krypton that kept crashing, but that you had the majority at least rated in Jarvis. But you for some reason did not keep an uptodate backup of your Jarvis library. Well that was illadvised.

Quote:Is there some way to "extract" parts off the db like file location and rating to "inject it" into a newly scanned db?
Yes using SQL. But it is probably easier to convert the db structure from 60 to 56, than take data from one and match it up with another (that will have differnt ids and so have to match by name etc.)
Easy way to test would be to make a portable version of Kodi on your library and do a clean scan on a sample of your library (say 100 albums).

Forget about Add-ons for now, just test it and see if you still have the same problems.

I have no issue with using part mode either here.

As someone else says, you can backup ratings now online which is incredibly useful for me to have things auto backed up so I can continue to migrate my library with all the testing I do.
@DaveBlake:
Sorry i didn't give enough info - but i've had this music library for quite a while, changed paths using SQL apps etc so i assumed it was just causing issues now with the newer version or the transition to it went wrong.
I've always had backups, but i had some HDD issues recently so i lost most of them - all but one.
I'm back at Jarvis for now without issues (and backed that one up again).

So next thing i'll try is a new KODI 17 install with a new library, then a rescan/transfer of the old one etc until i know what went wrong.
Some things i've already done is testing various skins, playback with/without extra addons (e.g. artist slideshow, screensavers etc)

Concerning audiodb:
If sychronising ratings from there to KODI is possible, would it work the other way around too - syncing the ratings from my KODI library to my audiodb account? o_O

How to:
(2017-03-20, 22:17)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Concerning audiodb:
If sychronising ratings from there to KODI is possible, would it work the other way around too - syncing the ratings from my KODI library to my audiodb account? o_O

Yep hoping to have this feature at some point. Not sure when though. The API is already available.
If i had a choice between that feature and curing cancer...
i'd probably choose curing cancer.

Close second though.

How to:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate Krypton library back to Jarvis?/Synchronise ratings0