NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro, Not working with Nexus
Just setup my new NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro, as my last one broke. Now when i install Kodi from the goggle app it does not show a progress bar while scanning and doesnt see all my movies? It see's all my tv shows and shows the scan bar in orogress but bo percentage goes up it just hangs at 0%. I just installed the old Matrix fianl build and that one appears to be scanning fine at the moment, cant tell yet for sure as it will take hours to scn my movies folder. Any help is always appreciated. Thank you
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the response. But this is way to difficult for me as i have had many problems in the past trying to get the debug to work with no luck. Is there going to be a stable release for nexus? This may help
I'm running Nexus 20.2 on two Nvidia Shield Pro's with no issues. Current version of Nexus is stable on Nvidia Shield. Have you set Kodi app permissions correctly (set to always) on your Shield? If you have problems turning on debug mode you have other issues.
Thanks for the response. Have you set Kodi app permissions correctly ? What did you mean here?
@DFMB On the Shield the permissions for the Kodi app must be set to “Allow all the time”. On Your Shield go to Settings, Apps, See all apps, scroll down and click on the Kodi app, Permissions, Files and media, ensure “Allow all the time” is selected.
yes its selected. But now i have a major problem. I cant scan my movies or tv shows. it says.........The Movie Database (broken no longer maintained) Please help bro. It also won't allow me to uninstall the movie database?  I never had these kind of problems on my old Nvidia box. Not sure why this shit box which is brand new is giving me nothing but problems. Even when i had scanned movies theyu would still be playing even after i exited the movie.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3170169
This was no help?
@DFMB Their is nothing wrong with the Nvidia Shield. In fact it's one of the best Android based streaming devices for running Kodi. As I posted previously I run Nexus on 2 of them and it works perfectly. The Movie Database will not work on Nexus. As is indicated in the link that MatteN provided you need to be running The Movie Database Python, they are different scrapers and The Movie Database is deprecated.

Again, to get meaningful help you need to provide a link to a debug log. Complete instructions on how to do that was provided above by Hitcher. Simply read and follow those instructions and post the link to the debug log here in this thread.
I got the old Matrix to work now..but the damn thing keeps updating to Nexus. I have disabled the updates in Kodi...i have turned off automatic updates in the goggle store. Yet it keeps updating causing me to reinstall kodi Matric 19.5 all over again. It takes me all day and into the night to scan and modify everything all over again. Please hellp? I also tried the backup in the add ons in the past and could never get it to work for me. Thanks for any help you could give.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro, Not working with Nexus0