Req Kodi skin that imitates iPod Classic
Photo 
Hello readers.. I'm trying to develop a portable Kodi media center to replace my iPod Classic 5, which broke. Since Apple ceased the manufacture of iPod Classics, I did some research and found the Raspberry Pie computer and Kodi. Some parts of the default theme are too small on the portable display I'm currently using (a 2.5" TFT)
I don't have any programming experience, but I do know about graphic design. I'm requesting help with the "xml" parts of the theme to make a skin for Kodi that looks like the OS on an iPod Classic.

Thanks for reading!
Moved to skin development, as requested by the OP.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
MacDonald,

I suspect this won't be very effective as a portable system, particularly given the battery requirements of the Pi. Though the Classic iPod is indeed dead, spare parts are widely available. I can't help but think it would save you a lot of bother! Failing that, a cheapish smartphone would do just as good a job.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Completely off topic, this reply has nothing to with skins or development.
You've not said what's wrong with your ipod. So,I'mjust gonna assume it's the the harddrive that's done a burton.
Have a look at this, it works, it's great, it improves the device.
Your warranty is void anyway, so....
https://www.iflash.xyz/
Failing that, and if it's music you want: this little beauty is a total steal and kicks any iPod clear out of the park - https://www.amazon.co.uk/XDUOO%C2%AE-JZ4...B017K9XVX6.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2017-03-19, 19:40)MacDonald Wrote: I do know about graphic design. I'm requesting help with the "xml" parts of the theme to make a skin for Kodi that looks like the OS on an iPod Classic.

I'm confused by this. So what exactly do you add to this project with your "graphic design" knowledge when you just want to copy the UI/UX?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-19, 19:40)MacDonald Wrote: Hello readers.. I'm trying to develop a portable Kodi media center to replace my iPod Classic 5, which broke. Since Apple ceased the manufacture of iPod Classics, I did some research and found the Raspberry Pie computer and Kodi. Some parts of the default theme are too small on the portable display I'm currently using (a 2.5" TFT)
I don't have any programming experience, but I do know about graphic design. I'm requesting help with the "xml" parts of the theme to make a skin for Kodi that looks like the OS on an iPod Classic.

Thanks for reading!

I understand the simplistic that is being requested, but I don't think you realize the amount of time that goes into making a skin.

(2017-03-27, 11:37)thedeadman Wrote: MacDonald,

I suspect this won't be very effective as a portable system, particularly given the battery requirements of the Pi. Though the Classic iPod is indeed dead, spare parts are widely available. I can't help but think it would save you a lot of bother! Failing that, a cheapish smartphone would do just as good a job.

Agreed much easy to get a smartphone of any kind nowadays.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-03-28, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm confused by this. So what exactly do you add to this project with your "graphic design" knowledge when you just want to copy the UI/UX?

For Example, I can make images that look like they are screenshots or make a font but in reality, they are just designs. I don't know how to code those designs into Kodi to be functional with the OS.

I've begun taking older promotional pictures of iPod Classic's UI and making *a design* based on it.
MacDonald,

Though I may be proven wrong, I strongly suspect that you won't generate much enthusiasm for a project of this type using Kodi as a base. It's just too niche a use case.

Based on the size of your screen, I'm making an assumption that you are building something that is for music rather than video. If this is indeed the case, there are various alternative options for a Raspberry Pi that may better suit your needs. RuneAudio is a good place to start (http://www.runeaudio.com/).
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi skin that imitates iPod Classic0