Solved Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off
(2013-03-08, 09:01)boardcrusher Wrote: or using a registry hack:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...ost-728795

The registry hack worked for me. Wow, thanks for leading me in the right direction, I have been looking to solve this for a while with nothing but dead ends.

Update: Well it worked until my next teamviewer session, but it lead me to discover what was causing this. I use teamviewer and was using the scaling option: Best Fit. As long as I change this to Scaling: Original before quitting the teamviewer session the resolution is find after the pc wakes the next time. Either way I'm glad I have a better understanding of the issue now.
The registry hack seems to work for me as well.

However, now I have a different issue...which seems to be worse! Every now and then when I switch on the TV the screen remains completely black. If I move the mouse I see parts of the cursor sometimes, but the rest remains...black...
The system doesn't respond to: windows + L, windows key, ctrl+alt+del...nothing!

Now there seem to be two "solutions":
  • Restart the computer by holding the power button or pressing a reset button
  • Connect using Teamviewer, fiddle around with ctrl+alt+del, windows+L etc and at times close the session. Then, after a while all of a sudden I may see the lock screen and everything is working again

Any ideas on that? It really seems to be a Kodi thing...
Consider for a moment, the title of this thread has the word solved in it. Not many users who know how to advise you will visit this thread. Continued messaging in this thread will just confuse users with the op's problem who are searching for solutions. Post again in the windows forum as a stand alone thread.
Or, how about just pushing the \ as mentioned before. Man - a lot of effort instead of doing one keystroke (or mapped button press). Nod Wink
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Sorry, didn't see that last response.

I think I will reset the registry changes I made and first try to change that hot plug setting. And I will try using the \ key (hadn't really noticed that although I thought I read the entire thread)
If needed more help I will create a new thread. I agree that my issue seems different than the one this topic is opened for.
(2015-04-19, 15:01)myweb Wrote: The following works for me:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BusID "PCI:01:00:0"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0,DFP-1"
Option "UseHotplugEvents" "false"
Option "UseEDID" "true"
Option "IgnoreEDID" "false"
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/epson.edid.bin;DFP-1:/etc/X11/onkyo.edid.bin"
Looked for this option and although I have an Nvidia, I cannot find it.
I'm having a similar issue with nvidia 980ti that i just posted about here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310157

Basically if i switch hdmi inputs on my selector switch and return to the HTPC with kodi open, its black.. only recourse is to kill it via a command and reopen.

Is it confirmed that the registry hack works for certain and doesnt cause other issues?

What about the blocking of the pin on the hdmi cable (i assume either at the point it goes into the card, or maybe on the other end into the hdmi selector switch?)

I assume in my case of 4k, id set each cx cy to 3840 and 2160 (PrimSurfSize.cx
PrimSurfSize.cy
ActiveSize.cx
ActiveSize.cy)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loss of HDMI when TV is powered off2