Solved Remote stopped working after a few updates
Good evening/morning community.

I have this weird issue that my Hama Media Center Remote (Image) stopped working after a few updates.
What do I mean "stopped working"?

Well I can still use the mouse cursor and the numbers as well as the arrows. So basically in terms of a mouse and keyboard it still works. However the main media keys like
Play, Pause, Stop, Forward and Backward do not.

To be honest I don't know if it has to do with me switching over to a MySQL database for my media, but frankly, that'd make no sense.

Has anything been changed lately (2016-2017) in regards to the button layout/mapping maybe?
Sadly in Kodi I can only configure an XBOX360 controller which I do not want to use as I have a remote.

Thank you for any tips and info you can spare.
Which version of kodi are you using? And on which platform? (Windows Linux Android libreelec?)

For me also issue mce remote. Everything working OK on v16 but in v17 not. Both windows as linux (libreelec).

On windows issue is even worse: only one new keystroke seems to be recognized. So I can move only once up and once down.

On Linux remote control feels very sluggish. Not the smooth control I'm used to.

Looks like some sort of config/event-filtering issue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Oh, sorry about that. I figured since I posted in the Windows forum, that'd be clear.
I'm using Win 7 x64 with Koid 17
I've updated from Kodi 15.something to 16, then to two beta releases, one alpha release and finally Kodi 17.

I suppose I could try installing Kodi 16 and trying my remote again with it, to see any changes.
Mce remotes store their mappings in the registry.
Something might have been reset/overwritten across updates.
Been there a couple of times myself i just did a registry export of mce settings that worked for my setup.

If an update decides to flush things again i just re-import (might not work in all cases).

So.. if you have already reverted to a working instance my advice would be to export wll mce related keys
(2017-03-20, 10:04)Atreyu Wrote: If an update decides to flush things again i just re-import (might not work in all cases).

So.. if you have already reverted to a working instance my advice would be to export wll mce related keys

I'll try that and then post back here. Thanks.
Doesn't work with Kodi 16 anymore either.
Any idea where the MCE registry entries are?
Sorry, should have been clearer.
Changing Kodi versions will not fix your remote issues.

Instead of manually manipulating regkeys i prefer this tool here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164252

This makes assigning functins to keys real easy. Remember to reboot after a change.

Also, some updates will reset a setting that disables keys regitering completely.
In that case, check this:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=85839

Hope that helps. Would have saved me one of those 'what the..?' moments ;-)
Ok I fixed it. Thanks though.

I am very much against that. I know most people's response is: Install this software to change the workings of that software. But I don't want my PC full of things I don't need. It's already way too full.

I am a professional computer technician, so I suppose a lot of "caution aspects" don't really apply to me.

How have I solved this:
I went into my Registry and deleted all the keys of Software 2 years or older on my PC (uninstalled software ofc; yes manually)
I uninstalled all Kodi registry keys, uninstalled the drivers for the receiver, then rebooted and reinstalled.
Problem solved. Also my PC is cleaner than before. I like it Smile
Glad you solved it.
For me not yet, but i found that it also doesn't work as it should be under other apps, so I fear upgrading to flirc

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote stopped working after a few updates1