v17 EventGhost fine on Kodi 16, not Kodi 17
EventGhost worked for me on Kodi 16, but doesn't work on Kodi 17. Does anyone know how to make EventGhost work on Kodi 17?
Also stopped working for me.
Though thankfully I don't seem to need it anymore as I used it to keep Kodi on my TV when switching HDMI sources. For now it works without.
iirc EventGhost XBMC2 plugin uses Kodi JSON RPC to communicate with Kodi. Changes in API may causes plugin doesn't work anymore. update plugin asap.
(2017-03-21, 14:22)afedchin Wrote: iirc EventGhost XBMC2 plugin uses Kodi JSON RPC to communicate with Kodi. Changes in API may causes plugin doesn't work anymore. update plugin asap.

Update the EventGhost XBMC2 plugin, or update the Kodi EventGhost plugin?
If the former, then the developers would need details about what changed. Any thoughts?
I installed Kodi 17.1 then most current Eventghost. Working for me with the XBMC2 plugin. What remote are you using ?
it works for me too.
Peppe
Could remember that those plugins are pretty old (outdated)

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Could remember that the one I looked into in the time used strange mix of Json and rpc & older udp.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2017-03-22, 18:07)mintakax Wrote: I installed Kodi 17.1 then most current Eventghost. Working for me with the XBMC2 plugin. What remote are you using ?

I have the most current release installed 0.4.1.r1722. What version do you have installed?
I use Microsoft MCE Remote.
I installed EventGhost 0.5.0-beta6 and have the same problem. I double click the XBMC2 plugin, click Test, and the Output window shows "XBMC2: JSON-RPC works."
Not sure if anyone still stuck with this. I was with Kodi 16.1 because of this problem but finally found the cause of problem. Not sure if this is bug or expected behavior of Kodi 17.x. If the below one is enabled, Kodi stop to receive control from eventghost. Once I disable it, all works fine.

[Settings / Services] - [Control] - [Application control] - [Allow remote control from applications on other systems]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EventGhost fine on Kodi 16, not Kodi 171