Idea discussion for GSoC project
Hello,
I was thinking an implementation of the web interface where most common features and tasks of kodi are present and easily accessible. Chorus2 is a big step towards that direction(comparing to previous default interface), but I think is lacking some functionalities that clients like yatse offer. I know that kodi provides all these features out of the box and I think that its default web interface should be a piece of software that demonstrates how much kodi can offer. With no extra software needed. I've read that Chorus2 was being developed for quite a long time, so I am not really sure if this is a valid project for GSoC.

Please share your thoughts
You'll have to be more concrete than this. What exactly are the most common features of Kodi that are NOT present and easily accessible?
Let me explain a bit. What I have in mind is a shortcut-centric web interface, focusing on remote controlling kodi and achieving ease of use on every device(keyboard shortcuts, swipe/touch capabilities, etc). Maybe a comparison with kore or yatse would be more fit than one with chorus2. That was my bad.
Having said that, I think that features like seeking (with steps) when watching something, managing subtitles (which one to use, sync etc), volume manipulation (including amplification), configuring aspect ratio are missing. Other ones are some clicks away (adding to/accessing favorites, queue, etc). I use these quite often and would love to have them as shortcuts. Does anyone else need this? What's the opinion of kodi developers?
I get that chorus2 provides a lot more than just the ability to control kodi remotely and that's probably why it is the way it is right now. So the question I try to ask should probably be rephrased to something like: does the community need a web interface focused on remotely controlling kodi?
why not simply adding a "remote" mode to Chorus and combine efforts?
Of course this can be done. Do you think this is a valid project for GSoC?
not sure this is a task big enough for GSoC, but I also didn't really have a look at the source of Chorus2 yet. Let's get Jez500 on board, he's better qualified to judge the scope of your proposal.
Chatper, are you a student thinking about submitting this idea, or just a person suggesting this idea in general?
I am student and would like to work on this project or something similar. I am a big fan of Kodi and would love to contribute in any way I can, but I lack C++ experience. I feel more comfortable writing in JavaScript or python so I came up with this idea. If there are more cases/ideas where these are needed please inform me.
(2017-03-26, 16:54)chatper Wrote: I am student and would like to work on this project or something similar. I am a big fan of Kodi and would love to contribute in any way I can, but I lack C++ experience. I feel more comfortable writing in JavaScript or python so I came up with this idea. If there are more cases/ideas where these are needed please inform me.

Makes sense then, I would start to look at how chorus does stuff.
https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2

Then you might then want to write a concrete proposal, check the other topics for reference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea discussion for GSoC project1