• 3(current)
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install
Benn2111 Offline
2017-03-31 18:35 Post: #21
YEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!

YOU PEOPLE ARE FREAKIN AMAZIIIIIING. I have watched youtube videos, tried the advancedsettings route etc etc.

Been struggling for hours trying to sort this out and all it took was to delete a simple file!!!

No doubt you are relieved but where is the file you have to delete. Obviously it must be in the computer because Kodi cannot be opened. It would be helpful to tell people how to access this file in a step by step written explanation that we can all follow. Not one person has yet done this but many have just posted the basic techno info. Wonderful I am so pleased for you all but could you just spare a thought for those who enjoy Kodi as much as you but need a bit of help.
Show Hidden Files and folders first. Follow these steps:

http://www.solveyourtech.com/how-to-find...windows-7/

1)Then go to your OS "C:" and click "Users"
2)Next click your user name or whatever your computer login name is
3)click %APPDATA%
4)Click "Roaming"
5)Click Kodi
6)Click "userdata"
7)Click "Database"
8) Find file "Addon27" and delete

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>79691776000</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Did as was told and found the above and nothing else.
%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database entered the above and get error message claiming I have entered %APPDATA%\Roaming\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database.
Done it twice and get the same result.
Now finally found the addons 27.db file with an error message beside it. Deleted as advised. When I click on Kodi the blue circle appears for a second or two and then nothing.
Deleted the \addons 27.db three times and saved the change each time but still Kodi won't open.

I deleted as directed to, and then save the change, but each time I go back the deleted line is restored.
Now I have found and deleted this Addons27.db file seven times. Each time Kodi will not launch. each time I go back the file has reappeared. I am obviously missing something that to an experienced operator finds as second nature but it illustrates my frustration with Kodi and the the more experienced operators. Those that know should lead the less experienced through these problems by guding them step by step through the process. It only takes a few minutes to write the info down and tell people where to find each stage on their computer.
Now will some one tell me what I am doing wrong as regards the deletion of the addon27.db file.?
(2017-03-23, 08:03)TheAL Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 00:45)Gobberwart Wrote: A number of people have encountered this issue after upgrading from Jarvis to krypton caused by a zero-byte Addons27.db file in the profile directory. Your kodi log file will likely refer to it if that's the case, so you can just delete that file and kodi should start properly.

Thank you. This worked for me.

For those looking for the Addons27.db file, it is in this directory

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database

This solution worked for me...

it is true... you people are so helpful and amazing... Smile
When Kodi starts, if the file addon27.db does not exist, it will be created. So you will always find it after you try to run Kodi. When you find that file on your windows system, is it 0 bytes in size? If not, that is probably not your issue. Can you use the notepad app to create a text file? If so create a file with this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

and save it with file name advancedsettings.xml in folder %APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
delete the file addon27.db once again and run Kodi. Then retrieve the new file "kodi.log" from %APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi open it in notepad and copy all the text then paste it into the site "pastebin.com" and after saving there copy the link for your paste and post it here.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
"I Deleted the file, but when I run de .exe he create the file again! Undecided"

Ok, he makes a new file.db with the same name, but that file already runs ok. My Kody just works fine!

Thanks!! :-)
Just a quick note... %APPDATA% should land you in the Roaming folder already. The correct path is %APPDATA%\Kodi not %APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi.

If you're entering the full path, it would be C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\kodi.
I have tried everything listed and nothing on my my iMac can anyone help me .
(2017-04-05, 20:19)breightmet Wrote: Now I have found and deleted this Addons27.db file seven times. Each time Kodi will not launch. each time I go back the file has reappeared. I am obviously missing something that to an experienced operator finds as second nature but it illustrates my frustration with Kodi and the the more experienced operators. Those that know should lead the less experienced through these problems by guding them step by step through the process. It only takes a few minutes to write the info down and tell people where to find each stage on their computer.
Now will some one tell me what I am doing wrong as regards the deletion of the addon27.db file.?
You're not missing anything. If deleting the file once did not fix your issue then you have another problem. Repeatedly deleting it is not going to achieve anything. Neither is attempting to lecture people about how your shortcomings are their fault. People are willing to help you, but you need to help them to do so by providing the necessary information. Debug log for example.
(2017-03-23, 11:00)denav Wrote: Deleting Addons27.db worked for me as well

Thank you

How do you get to that file, Please explain step by step, Thnx
The fix is fairly simple, and should only take a few minutes of your time.
All that needs to be done is to navigate to ...\userdata\database and delete the file named Addons27.db

I can’t find this userdata directory

The location depends upon where you downloaded Kodi from...

If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi \userdata\database

If you downloaded from the Windows store, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming I don't have this version... is this the full address?

If you originally downloaded Kodi from TVAddons then that is a modified version of Kodi and we are unable to assist you. You will need to contact TVAddons for assistance.

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.

I found Addons27.db and deleted it. Now what?
Great. Now that it is deleted, you can exit out of Windows Explorer and start Kodi as you normally would. In most cases, if you have followed these directions, the issue will have been resolved.

I have made the instructions as simple as I can. As this is not a basic Windows Help forum, if you still have problems, I suggest you ask someone that has a little bit more knowledge with computers.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install1