Damaged Kodi.app
Hey guys. I am trying to install Kodi Krypton. I unistalled the Jarvis version and had tried the Krypton once, but the instructions I followed on setting up weren't working, so I uninstalled it again and tried reinstalling. The message I get now is this:

"Kodi.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
Firefox.app downloaded this file today at 2:51 PM from mirror.jmu.edu

Any ideas? I miss my Kodi.
Thanks
Rhonda
Can you provide a debug log ? use advanced it kodi want start at all. see http://kodi.wiki/view/log_file
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Maybe you should try searching cause the answer is available
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martin, I tried the opening it in applications while holding down the control key, but my privacy options don't seem to allow to download from anywhere.
Without upsetting the applecart, I will continue my search. Thanks.
(2017-03-22, 22:23)RhondaJ Wrote: Martin, I tried the opening it in applications while holding down the control key, but my privacy options don't seem to allow to download from anywhere.
Without upsetting the applecart, I will continue my search. Thanks.

Open a terminal use this command and look at privacy again.

sudo spctl --master-disable

Can you now open Kodi ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
No Sir. I cannot. And it changed nothing in my privacy options to allow downloads from anywhere.
(2017-03-22, 22:39)RhondaJ Wrote: No Sir. I cannot. And it changed nothing in my privacy options to allow downloads from anywhere.

What version of OSX are you using ? that terminal command should make the option "any source" appear. See also http://osxdaily.com/2015/05/04/disable-g...e-mac-osx/
Update. Fixed. Thanks to all involved.
your welcome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Damaged Kodi.app0