Third party Guides never load (always default Kodi Guide)
I need some help..

I enabled the Stalker PVR client, and inputted my IPTV m3u remote address, and all my channels load up just fine.

I have also attempted to install a few different EPG Guides, but nowhere in Kodi do I see anything that says EPG..

I have seen videos on YouTube of people installing Guides, and then when they go to Kodi's main menu, and select Live TV, you can see EPG as a sub category, but I see Guide...

which is another problem I am having. I have tried installing the Mayfair Guide Pro, and it's as if it wasn't even installed. Keep in mind that I'm pretty good at understanding Kodi and navigating it..

I've tried "TV Guide Fullscreen" as well. and ALWAYS when I load Live TV, it just loads the Kodi built in Guide..so is it like possible to make a 3rd party TV Guide a default guide for Kodi?

Another thing as well, when I have the Timeline view selected, I don't see a list of shows for each channel and what time they start at.

basically I just see the channel with a channel logo, and then a long blank row for each channel with no information as to what is coming up next on the channel.

So it's sort of a multipart issue.. lol

If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

- David
In my experience the EPG addons for Kodi are all just templates for the guide data that you have to generate. They read an XML file at a location that you specify, which can be on the local machine, a remote URL or a samba share. There are several software sources that can be used to generate xml data - webgrab+ and zap2xml are two free examples. There are also pay sources such as schedules direct. A google search will turn up these. You'll have to invest time in learning how these work.

But be warned - I know of no addon guide that will integrate seamlessly with your IPTV source, unless it is provided with your iptv subscription. Most of them install as 'program' addons and you have to run the guide, then go back to your TV and select the channel that corresponds with the guide data. TV Guide Fullscreen is an exception in that it allows you to associate a channel in your guide with a pvr source. But this takes a fair amount of maintenance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Third party Guides never load (always default Kodi Guide)0