• 3(current)
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE8505
Cannot find them, currently ... all his rework lives in kodi-agile and is at the moment transfered to the vp_updates branch, but some bits are still missing in that - branch. I have no overview of his older testbuilds.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Found some recent vpupdates builds in the test-builds. Does it make sense to give those a shot?
Posted sample still stutters with latest vpupdates build and MediaCodec Surface Sad .
Can you return the documented broken TV?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-04-27, 12:31)CiNcH Wrote: Found some recent vpupdates builds in the test-builds. Does it make sense to give those a shot?

No not yet as it's not ready yet.

Btw that sample plays fine on my nvidia shield with nightlies
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-04-27, 19:55)fritsch Wrote: Can you return the documented broken TV?
Can't. So who's fault is it now? What's the actual problem?
Quote:In VLC it is possible to switch between IOMX, IOMX-DR, MediaCodec and MediaCodec-DR. I don't really know what DR means, but I suppose IOMX (OpenMax) is like stagefright? All 4 HW decoders suffer from the stuttering on the sample.
I retested VLC and the developer option to change the HW decoder seems to do nothing at all. All 4 modes consume the same amount of CPU time and I can't take a screencap in either mode. So it looks like VLC always uses Surface. That's why all 4 modes stutter when playing the posted sample.
It still looks like the sony internal player is the only one, that can play all video files in a proper way. Other video apps are not able to use full system performance.
Is there no way to go in this way for sony android user? Link
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
I will post the solution here even though i have a post with the fix in windows general forum its easy and works someone had the bright idea to capitalize a letter great brainstorm but works better if the code also is changed the fix is this change

Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib
to
Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib
Now since i only have windows i do not know if there is problems on other platforms but the fix will work on any platform just find

Kodi\system\python\Lib
change it to
Kodi\system\python\lib
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
This seems totally unrelated...
(2017-05-04, 03:14)kimkl Wrote: I will post the solution

Heh? Wrong thread?
I'm having the exact same problem. I had no playback issues at all until my TV wanted to update. As soon as I got on Android version 6.0.1, it's been pretty much unwatchable.

I rarely use Kodi, but the issue definitely exists with Plex and Tablo. Those are the main apps I use to watch video. I also have a Roku hooked up to the TV, so if I switch to that input and use the same apps there, the video works fine. So basically the "smart" tv I paid so much money for is just a monitor now and Roku is doing all the work. Confused

Is there any way to roll back to the previous version without factory resetting? If I reset it, I wouldn't want to be back on a really old version - just the version right before 6.0.1, and I'm not sure that's possible.

My TV model is XBR-65X930D.
I'm also having the same problem with a 2015 808C. It doesn't happen with every file but when it happens it makes them unwatchable. Has anybody found any solution?
@Koying,

any idea why your SPMC Krypton builds play the sample from the initial posting in this thread smoothly in AMCS mode? I triple checked. Switched to KODI Krypton... stutter, switched to KODI Leia (nightly)... stutter, switched to SPMC Jarvis 16.7.0... stutter, switched to SPMC Krypton... NO STUTTER. According to 'O' and CPU usage, it indeed uses AMCS...
So sad that there is hardly any collaboration...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE85051