• 5(current)
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE8505
Suppose this PR will fix the problem also for Kodi...

[EDIT]
Unfortunately doesn't..
I could return back my KD-55XD8005 (because of MotionFlow issue) and i got a KD-55XE8505. Of course the same clips also have stutterings on the new XE85...
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Can you try latest SPMC Krypton to verify my result that the video plays without stuttering there? Get it from here.
(2017-09-05, 08:22)CiNcH Wrote: Can you try latest SPMC Krypton to verify my result that the video plays without stuttering there? Get it from here.

You mean this here: SPMC-17.4a10-spmc-9b01007-armeabi-v7a.apk?
I can try in next days. But what about passthrough? Will it work as in kodi shitty build?
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Quote:You mean this here: SPMC-17.4a10-spmc-9b01007-armeabi-v7a.apk?
Yes.

Quote:I can try in next days. But what about passthrough? Will it work as in kodi shitty build?
The passthrough API can be switched in SPMC. But I think that SPMC will use the new IEC API under Nougat in IEC passthrough mode and not PCM hack. If you set RAW passthrough mode, at least AC3/Dolby will work.
I tested the last spmc test-release. The playback of the example video is played in same way as playing over the sony stock video app.
AC3 passthrough is OK, DTS movies can not be started. Pictrue freeze from first frame.
My own recordings in 1080p50 are not played smoothly. There are some micro-stutter when the picture is moving. Using Kodi (last shitty build) or sony stock video app i can not see any micro-stutter.
Quote:I tested the last spmc test-release. The playback of the example video is played in same way as playing over the sony stock video app.
Thanks for the verfication. So it is also fixed for you in latest SPMC Krypton.

Quote:AC3 passthrough is OK, DTS movies can not be started. Pictrue freeze from first frame.
You can still disable DTS passthrough and enable AC3 transcoding. DTS then gets transcoded to AC3, preserving multi-channel.

What happens when you switch passthrough mode to IEC? No passthrough at all?

Quote:My own recordings in 1080p50 are not played smoothly. There are some micro-stutter when the picture is moving. Using Kodi (last shitty build) or sony stock video app i can not see any micro-stutter.
Do you have the same amount of Motionflow (motion interpolation) applied in both cases? Sony does not support refresh rate switching for apps. So you need some motion interpolation to get 50p smooth on 60Hz output.
OT:

Quote:My own recordings in 1080p50 are not played smoothly. There are some micro-stutter when the picture is moving. Using Kodi (last shitty build) or sony stock video app i can not see any micro-stutter.
I tried this 1080p50 sample in Kodi and SPMC and couldn't see any abnormalities.
@CiNcH  can you pls provide a new log?
Please enable debug logging, and component logging for video and a/v sync.

Please use only latest kodi master (e.g. the test build from today or a nightly)

Thx!
@peak3d 

Here we go... [pastebin]

Used your test-build (PR13426) from yesterday and played back this file. It is the same as the one from initial posting (for which link is not valid anymore) but remuxed without any audio. The outcome is the same so it is probably not an A/V sync issue...
Since SPMC17 alphas do not suffer from this issues (SPMC16 does), I once went over the commits on top of stock Kodi and noted the most relevant (A/V related) ones. I am attaching the list for documentation...
Some are more likely, some are less likey. Some have also been present in SPMC16 already which however does suffer from the issue...
I also captured a video to illustrate the stuttering to you, see here (since @mpiet seems to have removed everything). The video is 21s long. Every 3s a severe stutter happens. I looked at it on a frame by frame basis and it looks like a few frames get dropped each time.
(2018-01-25, 07:06)CiNcH Wrote: @peak3d 

Here we go... [pastebin]

Used your test-build (PR13426) from yesterday and played back this file. It is the same as the one from initial posting (for which link is not valid anymore) but remuxed without any audio. The outcome is the same so it is probably not an A/V sync issue...
Can you confirm that you play a 25fps Video on 60Hz Monitor? At least from log I was unable to see a refreshrate switch.
Beside this it seems that kodi is not allowed to read / switch to 50hz.

Is this different in SPMC ? Does Monitor change refresh rate?
(2018-01-29, 00:45)peak3d Wrote: Can you confirm that you play a 25fps Video on 60Hz Monitor? At least from log I was unable to see a refreshrate switch.
Beside this it seems that kodi is not allowed to read / switch to 50hz.

Is this different in SPMC ? Does Monitor change refresh rate? 
Sony ATV does not support refresh rate switching. So neither SPMC can do it. The TV has quite a good motion interpolator (Motionflow) though which at medium setting does not create a soap opera and exhibits only minimal artifacting. Watching PAL content every day via PVR (DVBViewer Client add-on).

Also, if you watch my YouTube video which is supposed to illustrate the problem, it is not about micro-stuttering which I would expect when watching 25fps@60Hz. I also already disabled Sony's Motionflow to see if it was causing the issue. Without luck though.
@peak3d 

Same video played in SPMC17.6a2 with no stuttering. [pastebin]

Keep in mind that Kodi16, Kodi17, Kodi18 and SPMC16 all suffer from this issue. Only new SPMC17 does not for whatever reason. Settings have been the same for all of them.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE85051