Easily add different Versions of same movie
I'd like to see an advancement in being able to easily load multiple versions of a movie.

As an Example take Star Wars, the Original Trilogy.

Lucasfilm has changed the movie multiple times with what they thought was improvements.

So you have essentially 3 or 4 versions of each movie ( Names Aren't Exact )

Star Wars Episode III A New Hope - Original
Star Wars Episode III A New Hope - 1997 remaster
Star Wars Episode III A New Hope - BluRay Master Collection

OR a more straightforward one:

Blade Runner
Blade Runner Director's Cut

Each movie version has changes made to it, however no scraper recognizes this, KODI doesn't either simply by the Folder Name you create for your movies on your share drive.

So maybe this is a scraper issue, maybe it is the way in which KODI recognizes the different versions?

I don't know but would be really nice to see this taken into account
I do this by naming the folder correctly and editing the nfo file with specifics.

It's pretty "easy" but definitely not automatic.

The scrapers work off websites, is there one that details out all the different variants of movies? Without that, making it any easier is just a pipe dream.
Treat them as extras and use the extras addon
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Extras addon isn't available anymore I looked for it.

I haven't found a scarper that labels the "variants" of movies yet
Found it! I'll give it a shot and see
(2017-03-25, 02:39)nickr Wrote: Treat them as extras and use the extras addon

So what do you do? Create a folder named extras and drop them in there? Got simple steps to follow?
(2017-03-27, 04:15)jpdraven Wrote:

So what do you do? Create a folder named extras and drop them in there? Got simple steps to follow?

Yes that would be it, if the skin you are using supports extras, then you will have access in someway.

side note:

You need exclusion instructions in the advancedsettings.xml to ensure the 'extras' are not scraped or listed.
copy off the code, save it as advancedsettings.xml and throw it into your Userdata (wiki) folder.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
        <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
       <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
    <!-- Extras: -->
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <!-- Extras -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I guess tagging the movies in a 'set' and then use the context menu to rename is more laborious?
(2017-03-27, 05:36)PatK Wrote:

Yes that would be it, if the skin you are using supports extras, then you will have access in someway.

side note:

You need exclusion instructions in the advancedsettings.xml to ensure the 'extras' are not scraped or listed.
copy off the code, save it as advancedsettings.xml and throw it into your Userdata (wiki) folder.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
</excludefromlisting>
        </excludefromscan>
        <!-- Extras -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I guess tagging the movies in a 'set' and then use the context menu to rename is more laborious?

I haven't honestly devoted a ton of time to it after the initial issues and aggravation lol, so I figured it's time to ask and see how more fluent KODI users are doing it.

I do rename movies once they are added to the Library. It is labor intensive IF you have a lot of movies with varied versions. Aside from that, customizing the movie names in the library is awesome BUT if you have to start over, or have an issue it is a pain to go back and do that all over again.

However as a side note/fix now I am hoping to get the EXTRAS DVDs added which is cool, in the Movies section.

Thank you for the code, now I can mess around with this and see how it works.
(2017-03-25, 02:16)tssgery Wrote: I do this by naming the folder correctly and editing the nfo file with specifics.

It's pretty "easy" but definitely not automatic.

The scrapers work off websites, is there one that details out all the different variants of movies? Without that, making it any easier is just a pipe dream.

IMDB does show some, more than The Movie Database as an example BUT I can't find an IMDB scraper that works.
Whats wrong with the Universal Movie Scraper?
(2017-03-27, 21:00)helta Wrote: Whats wrong with the Universal Movie Scraper?

It doesn't seem to work as good as I'd have hoped. It doesn't find The Empire Strikes back no matter how I name it, or it's folder, and doesn't find a tom of other movies. The Movie Database found them, Universal does not. Universal also added many movies and TV Shows very weirdly and was a royal pain to go in and correct each error.
(2017-03-27, 05:36)PatK Wrote:

side note:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
</excludefromscan>
</excludefromlisting>
        </excludefromscan>
        <!-- Extras -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Can't you also put a file named ".nomedia" in the directory to prevent scraping?
(2017-03-30, 18:18)tssgery Wrote: Can't you also put a file named ".nomedia" in the directory to prevent scraping?

'That's complicated.
I was just searching this samething. I got the Logan DVD and the Logan NOIR version. I wanted to add them both in without having separate items in my library view. So just to be clear the addon I want to use is the Video Extras addon right?
Yes that is correct. Although it is just called "Extras". Video Extras is another product not permitted here any longer.

Also have a read of the Wiki entry. It was recently updated with specific instructions.

You should be able to install it directly from within Kodi Repository.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easily add different Versions of same movie0