Do skinners agree with this pull request I made for supplied strings
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11900

Basically leave formatting to skins, don't hardcode it.
I'm in two minds about it. The problem with removing the [CR] is that you can't put it back in and then that gives you textboxes that wrap at weird points rather than in the most readable way.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Well, yes, if you use a textbox. I understand you think the instructions in the string may not flow if in a straight line, but really they do without putting things on separate lines.
And most now have '[Option] Description' in the string without '[CR]' to highlight the option.

But ofc. it's open to discussion Big Grin

Im happy either way, as I'll just script something to strip codes.
I agree fully with jurialmunkey.

It will work for some of the strings, but for most others, it will break the lines at ugly places.
Nah it wont, have you seen all of them? There's two different conventions going on. but, OK. Either or Wink Use a box like all skins have to.
Well, I guess that will depend on the skin, layout and if using a textbox - the width of the textbox.

In my case for Rapier, I use a 2 line textbox for all settings descriptions.

For label #125, which is used by DialogConfirm.xml, my bet is that most skins use a textbox.
It's a necessary evil afaic, so I can't agree.

I would rather see the time invested in auto heights and textoffset on textboxes Angel
What about a wysiwyg editor? More Mac Support for txb files.
(2017-03-25, 21:32)Jeroen Wrote: I would rather see the time invested in auto heights and textoffset on textboxes Angel
+100

My number one wanted request is textbox auto height that snaps to a specified number of lines or at least auto sizing textbox to nearest line height so you don't get half cut off text. This way you can provide a large and small font set without worrying about ugly cut off text and the last line scrolling up even though there is no following line. And no need to figure out exactly how many pixels high a line of text is.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do skinners agree with this pull request I made for supplied strings0