Atv2 Helix 14.2
Hi there!

How does one go about recompiling Helix 14.2 from sources, what i want to do is enable openssl, more info Here

any help is really appreciated!
Atv2 - 4.4.4 - untethered - Helix 14.2
can someone point me to a guide I can follow...I`m on yosemite, I have downloaded xcode 6.4...
The doc in the source of the helix git branch in docs/README.ios (or .atv2 can't remember) should still work for this branch ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thx Memphiz!

is this the one;

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Helix/docs/README.ios

If so, under section 3.0a, it states the following:

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.0a Supported Xcode and OSX constellations

As far as we know the compilation for ios and atv2 should work with the following

6. Xcode 6.1.0 against iOS SDK 8.1 on 10.10.x (Yosemite)

Since I`m on Yosemite and have already downloaded xcode 6.4, Do I have to redownload xcode 6.1.0?
k!

I can`t find xcode 6.1.0

According to stackoverflow.com, only xcode_6.0.1 and xcode_6.1.1 are now available for download, which one should I get? (I have xcode 6.4 but haven`t installed it yet), I don`t want to mess anything up...I`d like to know what I`m doing...I learn by doing things...this is all new to me and looks overwhelmingly challenging but if i know what to do, with your help I`d like to give it a shot...

Thx so much for your patience!

Any help is really appreciated.
Try 6.1.1 - also were it tells you to clone from github you have to add an extra step by going into the cloned directory and type "git checkout Helix" - else you will not be able to procede because cloning a git repo gives you the tree of the latest source code which has no atv2 support at all. Doing the checkout command ensures that you are using the helix code whivh has atv2 support.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thx so much Memphiz...I`ll grab 6.1.1 for now...
Alrighty!

The git is in place and xcode is fired up, a couple of questions if you don`t mind;

I`m currently at step:

Code:
3.1 Install Cross libs and runtime environment

The following commands will build using the latest iOS SDK found on your system.

How do I tell what SDK xcode 6.1.1 is currently running?, and since I need "iOS SDK 8.1" (I have downloaded the one from here)

How do I install it?

I almost forgot to ask how to enable openssl or gnutls to fix that "ffmpeg: https protocol not found" error from my opening post.

Thx so much for your patience Memphiz, you are my savior!!!
Also!

What about if I accidentally close my terminal session; to start over, do I have to "git checkout Helix" when I cd back in? or is it a one-time thing?

Thx so much!
Git checkout is a one time thing
Xcode will be used automatically as long as it is the only installed version
Try with the default sdk and ignore 8.1 sdk for now.
ok!, man! it took quite some time to run those commands...Terminal went crazy printing those lines...

Step 3.1 Install Cross libs and runtime environment

ended with:

Code:
make: *** [target/.installed-iphoneos8.1_armv7-target] Error 2

Step 4. How to compile

both of those "make" commands ended with:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `xcode_depends'.  Stop.

I can see in Terminal:

Code:
No Java runtime present, requesting install.

Does it mean I have to install Java, or what other tools do I have to have (python)?

Thx Memphiz for your patience.
Install java - it should have prompted you for that - after that do a "git clean -xfd" and start again from the "bootstrap" point. Also to make it less likely to fail - do the "make" of depends without the "-j" option (it will take a lot longer then - i know that...)
K! Thx Memphiz!

I`m following this guide to get Java SE Development Kit 8u121 from osxdaily.com.

2: Get the Yosemite Compatible Java 8 Installer from the Command Line
I`m currently using only Terminal, I started xcode but didn`t know where to begin Huh:

Right now I`m at:

4.2 Using Terminal (command-line)

After This command:

Code:
xcodebuild -project Kodi.xcodeproj -target Kodi-ATV2 -configuration Release build \
  ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3 \
  SDKROOT=iphoneos4.3

I get this:

Code:
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    Check dependencies
(1 failure)
I think the sdkroot might be wrong - no? Should be the same version that configure said to use ... i would instead open the xcodeproj in Xcode and compile via the related instructions instead

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 Helix 14.21