Atv2 Helix 14.2
Thx Memphiz!

I followed the instructions to the t...I need help with xcodeproj in Xcode ...

Here`s what it says:

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.1 Using Xcode
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Start XCode and open the Kodi project (Kodi.xcodeproj)  located in $HOME/Kodi.....

---->No Prob here obviously!...I did as instructed and waited until it said Kodi:Ready

Code:
2- There are two relevant build configurations : Release and Debug. Compile always for device
     end not simulator and select the wanted target (either Kodi-iOS or Kodi-ATV2)

---->Here I selected Kodi-ATV2 under Targets, but how do I pick "Release" and make sure I compile for device end?

Code:
3- If you have selected a specific iOS SDK Version in step 3.1 then you might need
    to adapt the active target to use the same iOS SDK version. Else build will fail
    (you will see alot of errors with at least non-found boost/shared_ptr.hpp).

---->Here no need to mess with anything because I haven`t selected any specific anything.

Code:
4- On XCode5.x apple removed the gcc compiler. On those XCode versions you need to switch the compiler
    of the ATV2 project manually to "default/clang".

---->Here since I`m using xcode6.x, how do I check that the gcc compiler is "default/clang"?

Last but not least; what button to click to finally initiate "build", and if smth goes wrong, can I "git clean -xfd" and start again like

Thx so much Memphiz for your patience...I really appreciate it, I honestly don`t know what to do, wouldn`t have gotten this far without your help. Thx man!.
Atv2 - 4.4.4 - untethered - Helix 14.2
Well i can't answer the question in regard to the gcc/clang setting because i don't have xcode6 anymore and it is hard to remember. Also if younhave no clue about navigating xcode its even harder for you - i mean its still a tool for developers Wink.

Building for the device means that your target should not be set to any ios simulator. Normally this setting should be somewhere near were you already picked Kodi-atv2 target

Start building by hitting command + r - or by hitting the play button at the upper left.

If something goes wrong at this stage there is no need to start over again via git clean -xfd you can simply rebuild in xcode as much as you want. But it should work as long as all steps before (building depends and the make xcode_depends step and so on) ran through without errors.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thx Memphiz!

Xcode is a beast, it reminded me of the time when I first opened photoshop back in the day, it was CS I guess or smth, I was like "what the hell"?, it`s good to know that I can rebuild as much as I want; I`ll have fun with that for sure!.

But you forgot to say anything about how to enable openssl or gnutls?

Thx for everything!.
No i didn't forget because as it looks the chances that you get an unaltered build to work are not so good. Once you get that thing working without modification i might motivate my self to actually look into what you really want to achieve here Wink.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Fair enough!...Thx so much!
Guys!

Feel free to jump in if you know where those settings are...I`d like to experiment if you help me out, to be completely honest I don`t want to click around blindly trial and error kinda thing if i don`t have to.

Thx so much!.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 Helix 14.21