Seinfeld Series 3 with two part episodes not scraping properly!
I am trying to add my Seinfeld series 3 to my Kodi library. Looks like I am running into a problem with a two part episode not scraping properly.

When I choose DVD order - It scrapes perfectly until show 14, then it skips 15 & 16 and the numbers and titles are off to the remainder.

When I choose Aired Order - The titles of the shows and episodes don't match what I have labellded them from the DVD.

Episode 15 and 16 are the two part episodes. In TVDB these are epidose 17 & 18. I have tried to read all about similar issues, but am still struggling on the best way to move forward. Thanks for any suggestions.
Rename them per what tvdb has.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I did follow your advice and renamed the Seinfeld Episodes according to TVDB. This was kind of tedious and I really had to focus to get it right. I have my folder structure like this: Seinfeld/Season 3/ s03ep02.mkv. Should I actually label the episode s03e02.The Dog.mkv? Is Filebot a good program to do this renaming for me. If so, I think I am going to buy the Mac version of Filebot. Let me know any tricks to make this renaming easier. I will stick with Aired order per tvdb and manually edit if the disk has them in a different order. Thanks for your help.
I use filebot all the time. It's not a cost, open source and free. However not perhaps the right tool for this. I agree it is tedious. Should only be a few files though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your advice. What do you exactly use filebot to do. Is it a renaming tool for TV shows and Movies.
Quote: It scrapes perfectly until show 14, then it skips 15 & 16 and the numbers and titles are off to the remainder.

Can you show me how you named Episodes 15 & 16 of season 3. Just copy and paste the title here
Since this thread isn't about scraper development I'm moving to the support section of the forum.
I checked on episode 15&16 and it actually is all one file. I named them s03e15, s03e16 for DVD order and s03e17, s03e18 for Aired order (TVDB). When I renamed for Aired order, it puts all the shows with the right title, but just has some spaces in numbers. I actually don't need an s03e18 now as the Boyfriend Episode is one file and located for s03e17. Hopefully this is not too confusing. I think I have it right for the Seinfeld Episode 3. What would be the correct naming convention for this. Thanks.
Hello cap2587,

Yes, I thought you were going to say that. Two part episodes seem to be a problem for a lot of people.

Just a quick refresher on how TVDB works. TVDB lists all it's TV shows in ORIGINAL aired order. Basically the first time a show is ever broadcast, that is the sorting method used. It doesn't care about how it was broadcast the 2nd, 3rd or 15th time, or how it was broadcast in other countries, or during syndication. It only cares about FIRST TIME ever broadcast.

But, in a lot of cases, DVD's are released in an entirely different episode listing. So to accomodate the million or so complaints TVDB received, they introduced DVD Listing.

So, when you click on the listing for Seinfeld Season 3, the first screen (the default screen) you see is AIRED ORDER.

But if you are scraping by DVD Order, then you need to change the view in TVDB from Aired Order to DVD Order. At the bottom of the list, you will see the following links -

Previous Season | Next Season | Aired Order | DVD Order.

Click on DVD Order, and the screen will refresh with the DVD Order listing. Now have a look at Episodes 15 & 16... How are they named? So you need to adjust your files to have the same name.

This is where users get into trouble... they have DVD order set in Kodi, yet view the Aired Order in TVDB

I am guessing that you have now renamed your episodes to match Aired Order?

Hope that helps.
blossom24 - That completely clears things up for me (thanks for taking the time to write such an accurate detail of TV show naming). If I use DVD Order I must make sure that i click on DVD order in TVDB so that I can name files accordingly. If I choose to use Aired Order then I must change the name of the file that comes from the DVD to match this. I orginally had DVD Order selected inside of Kodi, but didn't name accordingly in TVDB. That is when it skipped Epidose 15 and 16 and the rest of the order and files were a mess. Are most people using Aired Order and manually changing episose name and order to match? I think I have enough information now to play around with both of these settings to see what works best.
Hello cap2587,

No problems. Happy to help. Those 15.1 & 15.2 episodes are troublesome for a lot of people.

From what I can gather, a lot of people (me included) uses DVD order. I am pretty sure there are a lot of people that don't come onto the site that are doing exactly that- resorting their DVD order back to Aired order, only because they are not aware how it works, and just believe they have made a mistake.

I should add, there are some TV Shows on the TVDB site that don't have an entry for DVD details. Only because no-one has filled them in. Usually the shows are entered when they are first aired, and it could be a year or so before the DVD is released, so people just forget to go back and complete the entry. So, just open up an account and fill it in. Otherwise the scraper defaults back to Aired Order if there is no DVD Order information listed.
Blossom24 - Thanks for that additional information. I have a better understanding of how this works now.
Double episodes is broke when using dvdorder with default scraper
(2017-10-07, 16:05)marantz Wrote: Double episodes is broke when using dvdorder with default scraper

Debug log (wiki)
(2017-10-07, 20:40)nickr Wrote:
(2017-10-07, 16:05)marantz Wrote: Double episodes is broke when using dvdorder with default scraper

Debug log (wiki)

see here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2633873

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seinfeld Series 3 with two part episodes not scraping properly!0